HR21 -700 & -200 CE Release 1/25 & 1/26

Hey all, thanks for all of the great CE support.

All was well since Sat night install until I came home today to find the record light on but the unit would not power on. Ended up having to kill the AC. All is back after reboot but really noticing some remote delays....much worse than I've seen before.

Sometimes the unit runs a little slow right after rebooting. If you continue having problems in the morning I would recomend you roll-back to the national version (do the same thing you dd to download the ce)

Directv will see your feedback, keep posting stuff like that :)

I just had an HR21 installed this past Saturday night. The fellow was here until 8:30 PM and in the following time I was getting to know my new system. Of course, I was unaware of any CE software downloads until I found this site on Sunday, because I really, REALLY wanted that 30SKIP function. I guess I'll wait and hope there's another opportunity this coming weekend to grab the new CE.
I'd also like to take this opportunity to commend the founders and posters alike for this very informative site. Thank you all.

I just had an HR21 installed this past Saturday night. The fellow was here until 8:30 PM and in the following time I was getting to know my new system. Of course, I was unaware of any CE software downloads until I found this site on Sunday, because I really, REALLY wanted that 30SKIP function. I guess I'll wait and hope there's another opportunity this coming weekend to grab the new CE.
I'd also like to take this opportunity to commend the founders and posters alike for this very informative site. Thank you all.

30 skip is national release on the HR20, but NOT the HR21 yet. You just lucked out on the model receiver they gave you...

It will be to the HR21 soon :)

No word as to whether there will be CEs tommorrow night, but they have been pretty consistent on Friday nights since Christmas.

FlyerTom, while CE software does sometimes include new features you shouldn't download it just for that. A CE'er uses the box, reports back any problems and any ideas for improvement, not just download code and not say anything.

I have the Hr21-200 i downloaded the CE lastnight im new at this. How do you know what ce is downloaded i saw no diffwewnce before the download Or after. I know it started Downloading. Can you only download on specific days and times.

I have the Hr21-200 i downloaded the CE lastnight im new at this. How do you know what ce is downloaded i saw no diffwewnce before the download Or after. I know it started Downloading. Can you only download on specific days and times.

Yes, the CE software is available only during the specific windows, which is normally Friday/Saturday 11PM-2:30AM EST. However not all receivers have software during these windows so yo need to check what's announced for what weekends.

Normally the HR20-700 get's the most since they try the new stuff there first and then migrate it to the other boxes. Since the HR21-200 is very new it probably won't get them as often (VoD just came out for it last weekend).

FYI - If you have CE software and do a forced download when there isn't a new CE in the satellite signal you will go back to the national release, that's why it's important to make sure a new CE is available before doing a download.

can only download at certain times. Usually Fri/Sat night 11pm - 2am EST.

Timesare the first thing listed in the announcemet.

You just downloaded the same software you already had, no harm, no foul.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)