HR21 -700 & -200 CE Release 1/25 & 1/26

if u reset ur receiver do u lose all ur recorded shows, schedules, etc?

If you do a RESTART (needed to forcing a reboot for a CE download) no, if you start playing with the RESET options then yes you'll start loosing things.

Anyone have any luck getting on demand to work for their HR21-700? I downloaded CE last night and I get a bonk sound when I select it in the menu. No screen saying coming soon. Maybe I will re-download tonight during download window see if that works. Also I saw some people in other forums say that if you type in IWANTMYVOD in keyword search it usually activates the service. Is this true?

Anyone have any luck getting on demand to work for their HR21-700? I downloaded CE last night and I get a bonk sound when I select it in the menu. No screen saying coming soon. Maybe I will re-download tonight during download window see if that works. Also I saw some people in other forums say that if you type in IWANTMYVOD in keyword search it usually activates the service. Is this true?

That was to enable VOD before it was made part of the national release code on the HR20's IIRC. Have to ask the dumb questions, have you connected the HR21 to your internet connection and does it pass the networking tests and you are running the 1F4 level of software? I have the HR21-200 and it's working fine on it, but I also have two HR20-700's which has had VoD since shortly after it was release for CE testing. Either way I don't think doing the CE download again will make a difference.

That was to enable VOD before it was made part of the national release code on the HR20's IIRC. Have to ask the dumb questions, have you connected the HR21 to your internet connection and does it pass the networking tests and you are running the 1F4 level of software? I have the HR21-200 and it's working fine on it, but I also have two HR20-700's which has had VoD since shortly after it was release for CE testing. Either way I don't think doing the CE download again will make a difference.

Yes, I have my HR21-700 hooked up to internet. Did test and it says network connected.

Then give the IWANTMYVOD keyword search a try and see what happens. Don't know why I didn't hve to do it on my -200 but since it's different software who knows. Good luck.

HR21-700 New Guide is Slower

I downloaded the CE last night to my HR21-700 , here are somethings I have found:

1) The guide is a lot slower responding.

2) DOD is not enabled.

3) When I added the HR21 as a device to my Nero Media Share, the HR21 continued to show the movie that was on but would not repond to the remote or to the power button and required a RBR.

from the time you download the ce with vod, it will be a while before directv activates it on your account. watch for it to show in your recent activity on their online billing system until then, all you can do is wait. do not call, it is an automated thing, the csr can't help you.

make sure you download the ce, make sure you have it connected to internet, and wait...

Don't you get it? It takes a few days, I have 3 HR20s and they all had to wait to get it activated. Nothing you can do will make it faster.

JSpeeney - it is an automated process that will take a few days to a few weeks, but usually days.

When their system realizes you have the CE software, then it will activate it on your account. There is nothing you, or anyone, can do to speed it up.

Just check channel 1000 every few days until it works.

Is it just me or does the HR-21 eat up internet bandwidth? I downloaded the CE last weekend and my Co:mad:Phoenix) internet went to a crawl. I unplugged the HR-21 from my router and my internet went back to normal. The actual DOD has not turned on for me yet, but that is probably because I have to unplug it to use the internet. Just wondering if I was the only one?

Is it just me or does the HR-21 eat up internet bandwidth? I downloaded the CE last weekend and my Co:mad:Phoenix) internet went to a crawl. I unplugged the HR-21 from my router and my internet went back to normal. The actual DOD has not turned on for me yet, but that is probably because I have to unplug it to use the internet. Just wondering if I was the only one?

I have had my HR20 on DOD for quite a while and have also noticed that from time to time. Sometimes it acts like I'm downloading something when I'm not and the internet is really slow, sometimes this lasts all day.

I've never noticed any internet slowdown since getting VOD unless I'm downloading something. I've only got 1.5mb service, so it's nothing too special to begin with.

Do you have UPnP enabled on your router? That may help?

I have two HR20's and a HR21 all internet connected and haven't seen this occur on my connection.

Hey all, thanks for all of the great CE support.

All was well since Sat night install until I came home today to find the record light on but the unit would not power on. Ended up having to kill the AC. All is back after reboot but really noticing some remote delays....much worse than I've seen before.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)