HR21-700 Freezing during playback

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jlivezey1999

Original poster
Jul 22, 2009
US
I have had a problem with my HR21-700 for a couple of months now that I can't seem to get resolved. During playback of either a recorded show or just a paused live show my program will either skip or freeze then skip a couple of seconds and freeze again.

Several times I will have to unplug the unit in order to get working again.

I have tried all of the following:

Soft Reset
Hard Reset
Reset Everything (This worked for about a week before the problem returned)

I haven't even had the unit a year and until recently it has been a pretty rock solid DVR.

I am currently running software 0x312 and all my signals test in the mid 90s.

It could be the HD, but after doing some searching I have found a lot of people have started to have the same trouble after the 312 release. I first noticed it around my bday 6/12.

Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

JL

sounds like a hard drive issue. before you call to have it replaced try reformatting the drive. do a red button reset and after you do that press the down and record buttons at the same time on the receiver not the remote. leave it pressed until a screen pops up showing the dvr checking the disk for errors.the record light will be on.if it asks for a format of the disk choose yes. let us know how it goes.

I tried the format last night before I went to bed and after some testing this morning it still having problems. I am going to call D* after I get home tonight and see if they will replace the unit. I am sure that is all it is.

I appreciate the help!

JL

I tried the format last night before I went to bed and after some testing this morning it still having problems. I am going to call D* after I get home tonight and see if they will replace the unit. I am sure that is all it is.

I appreciate the help!

JL
don't worry they'll replace it. if you have the protection plan it wont cost you a dime. if you don't have it they'll just charge you for the shipping.either way you'll be ok. oh and welcome to satguys! :welcome

Thanks for the welcome!! I don't have the plan so I have to pay S&H, but that isn't too bad.

Thanks,

JL

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)