HR21 (ALL) CE Release 2/8 & 2/9

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Are you using the original remote? Try the power button and the off button (runs the tv too)?
Are you using IR mode or RF mode for the remote?

Try switching modes, the won't turn off is not normal.

I'm using the rf remote that works in the other room. It will turn the receiver off just fine, it won't turn on with the remote unless I reboot it with the red button . This is only after I leave it off for the night. IS this normal to leave the receiver on and if so will it hurt me from getting the guide updated? Because if I leave it on I have no problems with having to reboot. With DISH you have to turn it off or it will not update the software or guide , so I didn't know if Directv was the same.

As far as I know it won't hurt anything to leave it on. I haven't heard anything about it interfering with guide data.

I'm downloading the firmware release now. Seems to be going smoothly. I'll activate it tonight and let you know my results tomorrow. I just upgraded from the old HR10-250, so I'm looking forward to it!

I D/L it last night for the HR21-700. Worked flawlessly. Takes awhile for the DoD channels to populate. It is working great today. No problems. Downloaded a bunch of shows for the kids. I think the channel changing is a bit slow though. And the guide could be quicker but I can live w/ this for now.

ENJOY!!! Thanks DTV!

I've had VOD for about 24 hours now on my HR21-700 and have had NO problems with either VOD or DVR Scheduler. The ironic thing is that this beta version is more stable than the officially released operating system.

Won't get guide anymore

Did the download but now it won't get the guide anymore. I think dish is out of aligment since it wont' see sat 99 :(

Downloaded 01FE to my 2nd HR21. The download hung up at 100%. After letting it sit for 30 minutes I hit the reset button. It came back up, then immediately said download completed and restarted again. All seems to be okay.

Still waiting for DoD to work on my 1st one. It's been over 24 hours. I had called the 800 number and said "Activate DirecTV OnDemand" earlier and it said I had a password and sent me to a CSR. I hung up. I called and had the password removed. After waiting for the change to take effect I called and tried the voice-response activation again. This time it just said it was transferring me with no mention of the password. I hung up. I'm tracking the tips on DoD activation in the other thread. I hope it kicks in soon.

Well at this point I havent had it that long and Ihave been playing around with it and I like the new features and so forth.. I have been playing with video on demand, there is a introduction about on demand from Direct tv it seems to down load just fine but will only play for a few seconds before it just stops and is unplayable..

I am on my third time downloading it and I will see what it does this time, I also just down loaded a diffrent show and that seems to be working fine as far as playback.. My Direct tv on demand tv guide is still down loading all the info and I am sure I will have some more info later..Cya Slick

PS..uPDATE that show that played fine after downloading it was only 4 min long, will do more on sunday and see what happens and the third time for the introduction from Direct tv for on demand is still not working

Last edited:
I downloaded the CE release last night (11pm ET 2/9/2008). Install went smoothly. VoD is now enabled, I have 30skip, and the menus are improved.

More importantly, this release seems to have fixed 2 major problems I was having. 1) after a period of inactivity, playback freezes after about 6 seconds when playing any recorded media. HR21 must be restarted to temporarily fix this. 2) Using HDMI... when powering up TV (Sony Bravia KDL46V3000) while the HR21 is already on, display is purple (I have seen others describe this as pink), and there is no sound. Cycling the display resolution on the front HR21 panel returns display to normal. Both problems appear to have been resolved with this CE release.

Vod seems to be working good and is still getting all the info needed for VOD..Things seem to be good better then before, I will report any problems as they arise..Cya Slick

How do I know if my Reciver has latest CE shows last update as 12/21 that is the date my dtv was installed.

I re read and now see that i should see
0x1FE
But I have tried serval times and it just goes to checking sats screen and then downloads sat info.
I enter 02468 as soon as i see the first LED on recivier
I am a newbie at this!

HR21-700 Updated

I updated my software last night at 11:30pm. Menu changed and I enabled the 30 second skip.. :D After updating, I waited for a couple hours for VOD to start with no success... Checked it again in the morning and VOD was up and running.

Ok finally got it to download 0193
so now just wait for channel 1000
and VOD to populate

You are download current software without vod.

You can only download CE software friday/saturday nights 11pm-2am EST on selected weekends - when D* sends out the CE.

Read the stickies on how-to, and check back next weekend :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts