HR21-ALL Software Rollout Version 0x0206

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jguy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 28, 2004
My hr21-700 received a upgrade yesterday morning it is now at 0x206. I don't see any info on this version posted. Anybody get this or know what it is? On an unrelated not. I have had audio issues since the beginning with this receiver. The optical cable does not seem to plug in all the way, and I have tried to different cables. Sometimes I get no audio at all and sometimes it will just drop audio for a second every once in awhile.

0x206 is last weekend's CE release for the HR21-700. The main reported issue with it was loss of sound/sound jitters. That's a mystery how you would have received it yesterday morning. There is supposed to be a new CE release this weekend. Watch the CE announcements/stickies for news.

DirecTV rolled this out starting 3/12 for HR21-700 users. I'm not sure why they did, there have been many reports of audio issues.

I'd look for a fix soon, hopefully something tonight with the new CE that they maybe can roll next week.

Not sure why the would roll 0x206 out.

I'm going to give some more detail to the title and move this the the DVR forum, as the software is rolling nationally and others may be looking for info.

Here are the details as to changes with this version:

System Stability
System boot up improvement
Video output improvement
Stability
Stability fixes on boot-up
Fix for audio glitch when fast forwarding to live

I am very very upset with them for rolling 0206 out nationally. I had some extremely annoying issues with it. Not just audio, but rather momentary screen blackouts happening every 10 to 15 minutes or so. I have also had my system freeze twice, both of which required a reboot. In fact, I was so annoyed with this release that I ended up reverting back to the national release at the time (01FE). And I have never done that with a CE!

Then low and behold the other night I started seeing the very same problems I was having with the 0206. When I checked to see the version, I nearly fell out of my chair. NOT COOL Directv!

And what's worse is they've canceled this weeks CE release so I am stuck with it for at least another week!

I have the 0206 release now too. I haven't seen any of the audio problems everybody has been talking about. The guide is still slow, and appears slower than the last national release.

I too am experiencing intermittent audio jitters on my HR21-200, since the update. Would like resolution ASAP.

Hi all,
I'm a full time A/V & Automation technician for Liberty Coach of Florida and also run a biz of my own on the side.
I just came across this audio issue with one of our customers.
We have installed dual HR-21''s in many of our coaches and this is the first reported complaint of any kind relating to these receivers.

As most of you know, intermittent problems are a real pain to track.
Thank you for all of your posts, they were very helpful.
Your posts have verified my suspicions that the audio dropouts were related to the receiver.

The customer complaint is that the audio (connected via RCA line outs) would drop after about 20 minutes of first powering on the unit, and then come back after about 5 to 10 minutes or after restarting the system on functions via Crestron remote.
They claim that the issue does not repeat after the unit warms up.

I will look for updates and post any findings as to a resolution if found.

Thank you for the forum and again to all the members.

RJ

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)