HR21 clock drift

Status
Please reply by conversation.

berck

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 18, 2006
Pleasanton, CA (SF Bay Area)
I know this is been mentioned before, but why can't DirecTV fix this problem? My receiver units with Dish and Comcast were always on time. I have to reset the HR21 every now and then to get it to resync its clock. I noticed last night it was over a full minute off. After the reset, its back to being on time.

This affects DVR recordings. This is a problem that needs to get fixed.

I have never notice that; but it should be a simple firmware correction and you should call or email them to report the issue (realizing its not going to happen over night). I also think you can get the time to force update/correct simply by changing the selected time zone and then back; no need for a full reset to my understanding.

There's a discussion about the HR20 having this problem.
I just do a restart when the clock gets 30s slow.

I agreed that this could be a simple fix. After a restart the system has to get the time from somewhere, so the system should do that on a regular basis.

Thanks charper, I'll give that a try as it drifts again.

I know this has been brought up before, but D seems unaware, or unwilling to fix it. As JD pointed out, they got to get the time on boot up from somewhere, so why doesn't it resync once a day? Besides, with the network access, they should easily be able to sync it through the network too.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)