HR21 Format Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

kokomogator

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 9, 2006
Why does the format keep changing when I change channels instead of staying as selected? I have Native off and I want the format to remain as 1080i crop. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Any word on when the Southern region will get the new software rollout for the HR21-700? Should I do a hard reset to force the upgrade? Is the CE download only available at the times that were given for this past Fri and Sat?

Thanks!

If native is off, the format shouldn't change when you go to a different channel. I don't think there is a new software version for the HR21 rolling out, but wouldn't be surprised to see one soon. When there is, the west coast usually gets it first and it does not need to be forced (you wouldn't be able to force it until it is authorized for your DVR). CE software is available only at the advertised times.

Why does the format keep changing when I change channels instead of staying as selected? I have Native off and I want the format to remain as 1080i crop. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Any word on when the Southern region will get the new software rollout for the HR21-700? Should I do a hard reset to force the upgrade? Is the CE download only available at the times that were given for this past Fri and Sat?

Thanks!
Did you download the CE this past weekend? If so, I think one of the new items in it compared to the national release software is a new option of 'As broadcast' that you'd see in the format menu (where stretch, crop and pillar box is). Check there to see what you have selected. I believe the new As broadcast overrides all other settings and acts like Native On (I'm not sure of the difference between the two).

If you didn't download the CE, then I have no idea why your format keeps changing if you have Native Off, TV resolution set to 1080i (with 480i, 480p and 720p unchecked) and format set to crop.

Did you download the CE this past weekend? If so, I think one of the new items in it compared to the national release software is a new option of 'As broadcast' that you'd see in the format menu (where stretch, crop and pillar box is). Check there to see what you have selected. I believe the new As broadcast overrides all other settings and acts like Native On (I'm not sure of the difference between the two).

If you didn't download the CE, then I have no idea why your format keeps changing if you have Native Off, TV resolution set to 1080i (with 480i, 480p and 720p unchecked) and format set to crop.

Thanks.....did notice this morning that the format labels had been changed as you indicate above. Wanted to do the CE but kinda chicken that I will screw something up and the receiver will freak out...maybe I will take the plunge on the next one....sure would like my 30 sec skip back (as it was with Dish).

The HR21 models are starting to get new software today pushed to them. This new software will include the 30SKIP. The new software is version 0x01FE. I'm not sure when you'll get it. It's gone national on the HR21-200, but is in a slower staggered release on the HR21-700.

The HR21 models are starting to get new software today pushed to them. This new software will include the 30SKIP. The new software is version 0x01FE. I'm not sure when you'll get it. It's gone national on the HR21-200, but is in a slower staggered release on the HR21-700.

The version I got this morning was Ox1fe was that not the same?

That's the newest version. The 30SKIP is included in that version, though you'll need to activate it.

Do a keyword search and type 30SKIP and then continue and it should work (the search will say no results found, but that's OK). Now when you press the -->| button, it should be 30 SKIP. (To ever change it back, do the same search on 30SLIP.)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)