hr21 freezes

Status
Please reply by conversation.

timbug

Original poster
Sep 26, 2008
I have a hr21 dvr with a am21 off air tuner with a square shooter antenna and a 3x4 multi-switch. my receiver needs to be rebooted everyday at least once this is my second dvr in less than one month trying to fix this problem any ideas what might be the problem?:confused:

I have a hr21 dvr with a am21 off air tuner with a square shooter antenna and a 3x4 multi-switch. my receiver needs to be rebooted everyday at least once this is my second dvr in less than one month trying to fix this problem any ideas what might be the problem?:confused:
What's the 3x4 multi-switch that you mention. AFAKI the only switchs you can should use for the MPEG4 HD channels with the HR21 is the WB68 or WB616 if you need more then the four outputs from the LNB on the dish. Exception is if you're using a SWM LNB or SWM8 switch then you're using splitters.

Have you also upgraded your dish then to the 3LNB or 5LNB Slimline dish (which look like http://www.solidsignal.com/prod_display.asp?PROD=AU9-S) or using one of the old ones. If it's an old, like a phase III then the switch doesn't matter, only if you have one of the new Ka/Ku band dishes/LNB's. As I said, the new dish's LNB has a built in multiswitch for four outputs so you shouldn't need the external switch since you have only 4 outputs on the RCA. If you do need a new switch you need Zinwell WB68 DIRECTV Approved Wide Band Frequency (Ku/Ka) 6x8 Multiswitch (WB68) | WB68 [Zinwell] | au9 au9-s au9s au 9 WB-68 WB 68 6x8 6 x 8 Ka Ku switch ku ka switch wide band switch Ka-ku dish ku band ka band dish Ka/Ku Ka-Ka Ka-Ku Ku-Ka KuKa KuKa

no upgrade

I'm only using dvr no hd so I'm have a 18" round dish single LNB. thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)