HR21 Installed, questions...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ngdot

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 12, 2007
DirecTV came out today and installed the new HR21! Very sleek looking, much nicer to look at that my old HD receiver. Anyway he ran another coax line and got everything setup and all the channels and whatnot are working flawlessly.

Now, poking around online I managed to get my HR21 connected and configured with my XPSP2 machine, hardwired with Cat5 to my router and shared through WMP11. I can see my pictures on my PC through the HR21, but no movies or music.

I go to the ON DEMAND screen to try and download the "Welcome to DirecTV ON DEMAND" clip. The download starts, and after about 5-10 seconds I get this:

http://i38.tinypic.com/6gwx8z.jpg

Thing is, I didn't pause the download, I'll restart it and 5-10 seconds later the same thing'll happen :confused:

I think it may be stemming from the inability to access the music and videos from my PC, but it's obviously seeing the computer, as I'm able to get into media share and see the pics on my PC.

Oy, I'm at a loss here!

DirecTV came out today and installed the new HR21! Very sleek looking, much nicer to look at that my old HD receiver. Anyway he ran another coax line and got everything setup and all the channels and whatnot are working flawlessly.

Now, poking around online I managed to get my HR21 connected and configured with my XPSP2 machine, hardwired with Cat5 to my router and shared through WMP11. I can see my pictures on my PC through the HR21, but no movies or music.

I go to the ON DEMAND screen to try and download the "Welcome to DirecTV ON DEMAND" clip. The download starts, and after about 5-10 seconds I get this:

http://i38.tinypic.com/6gwx8z.jpg

Thing is, I didn't pause the download, I'll restart it and 5-10 seconds later the same thing'll happen :confused:

I think it may be stemming from the inability to access the music and videos from my PC, but it's obviously seeing the computer, as I'm able to get into media share and see the pics on my PC.

Oy, I'm at a loss here!

Did you actually run the networking setup wizard on the HR21? And is your HR21 actually connected to your router or to another device? It may be a setting in the router.

I did, I ran the "test network" and everything is "pass" except the phone line which I don't plug in.

It says "Congratulations your DirecTV receiver is now connected to the internet!" Or something along those lines and "Press select to continue"

For whatever reason It's downloading fine now (Clerks 2 HD!) and I setup ORB to stream my media and it works fine.

I have seen that on a buddy's setup when for some reason the DVR lost connection the the network. He was running wireless without assigned IP and was having IP conflict issues. We hardwired his den and master bedroom with CAT6 and setup his router with assigned IPs and it never happened again.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)