HR21 only using on receiver?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

qposner

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 20, 2004
I just hooked my HR21 up after a 9 month vacation suspension. I just tried to change a channel while another show was recording and it told me I would have to stop the 1 recording. Clearly receiver #2 is not working. I checked my multiswitch and everything is wired correctly. Any suggestions before I call D*? Thanks. :confused:

I just hooked my HR21 up after a 9 month vacation suspension. I just tried to change a channel while another show was recording and it told me I would have to stop the 1 recording. Clearly receiver #2 is not working. I checked my multiswitch and everything is wired correctly. Any suggestions before I call D*? Thanks. :confused:

Is the second line hooked to the back of the DVR ?
You didn't say what kind of dish set up you have, I'm guessing it's NOT a SWM

I just replaced cables, that didnt help. I swapped the cable ports on my wall and that didnt help. So, now I know its not the cabling. Its either the BBC's or one of the tuners. I swapped BBC's to the cable cable/tuner input, still no difference. So, I know both BBC's are good as well. When I only leave tuner #1 hooked up in the back of the box, the show plays. When I only leave tuner #2 hooked up, I get frozen video and no sound. THat leads me to believe tuner #2 is bad in the box. Thoughts?

Also, I have a Slimline dish running to a 4x8 multiswitch. HR21 (the problem receiver) in my man cave, HR20 in the family room and 2 SD Directivo boxes in bedrooms.

Is there any other affirmative way of testing a tuner? An internal system check perhaps?

I just replaced cables, that didnt help. I swapped the cable ports on my wall and that didnt help. So, now I know its not the cabling. Its either the BBC's or one of the tuners. I swapped BBC's to the cable cable/tuner input, still no difference. So, I know both BBC's are good as well. When I only leave tuner #1 hooked up in the back of the box, the show plays. When I only leave tuner #2 hooked up, I get frozen video and no sound. THat leads me to believe tuner #2 is bad in the box. Thoughts?

Also, I have a Slimline dish running to a 4x8 multiswitch. HR21 (the problem receiver) in my man cave, HR20 in the family room and 2 SD Directivo boxes in bedrooms.

4X8 switch ?
That will not work with the new sat set up, you need a WB68 (6x8) multiswitch, I wonder if that has anything to do with your trouble.

4X8 switch ?
That will not work with the new sat set up, you need a WB68 (6x8) multiswitch, I wonder if that has anything to do with your trouble.

Sorry, thats what I meant. The 2 flexports are capped off (so 4 lines run in from the dish). It is the same setup I had before (I think).

Sorry, thats what I meant. 2 of the inputs are capped off. It is the same setup I had before (I think). Should there by 6 inputs running in and 8 coming out even with only 4 dual tuner receivers? Doesnt a slimline dish only have 4 cables running to the multiswitch? I had Fios for a while (hence my vacation suspension) and perhaps the installer messed with my multiswitch).

Yes, the Slimline runs 4 cables to the MS.

I went though tech support and we got the tuner back. HOwever, there is a 4 sec delay between channel changes that wasnt there before. While trying to figure it out with the csr, I got cut off. Grrr. Any ideas?

I went though tech support and we got the tuner back. HOwever, there is a 4 sec delay between channel changes that wasnt there before. While trying to figure it out with the csr, I got cut off. Grrr. Any ideas?

Check your Setting under Native, try the opposite and see if it helps.

HOwever, there is a 4 sec delay between channel changes that wasnt there before. While trying to figure it out with the csr, I got cut off. Grrr. Any ideas?

Leaving your setup in Native mode can add a few seconds to channel changes; try looking in your setup Menu>Setup>Setup>HDTV>Video
& turn Native off. If that doesn't work it's time to use more of that protection plan. ;)

edit: Sorry Jim, I guess we were posting at the same time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)