HR21 only using on receiver?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

qposner

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 20, 2004
I just hooked my HR21 up after a 9 month vacation suspension. I just tried to change a channel while another show was recording and it told me I would have to stop the 1 recording. Clearly receiver #2 is not working. I checked my multiswitch and everything is wired correctly. Any suggestions before I call D*? Thanks. :confused:

I just hooked my HR21 up after a 9 month vacation suspension. I just tried to change a channel while another show was recording and it told me I would have to stop the 1 recording. Clearly receiver #2 is not working. I checked my multiswitch and everything is wired correctly. Any suggestions before I call D*? Thanks. :confused:

Is the second line hooked to the back of the DVR ?
You didn't say what kind of dish set up you have, I'm guessing it's NOT a SWM

I just replaced cables, that didnt help. I swapped the cable ports on my wall and that didnt help. So, now I know its not the cabling. Its either the BBC's or one of the tuners. I swapped BBC's to the cable cable/tuner input, still no difference. So, I know both BBC's are good as well. When I only leave tuner #1 hooked up in the back of the box, the show plays. When I only leave tuner #2 hooked up, I get frozen video and no sound. THat leads me to believe tuner #2 is bad in the box. Thoughts?

Also, I have a Slimline dish running to a 4x8 multiswitch. HR21 (the problem receiver) in my man cave, HR20 in the family room and 2 SD Directivo boxes in bedrooms.

Is there any other affirmative way of testing a tuner? An internal system check perhaps?

I just replaced cables, that didnt help. I swapped the cable ports on my wall and that didnt help. So, now I know its not the cabling. Its either the BBC's or one of the tuners. I swapped BBC's to the cable cable/tuner input, still no difference. So, I know both BBC's are good as well. When I only leave tuner #1 hooked up in the back of the box, the show plays. When I only leave tuner #2 hooked up, I get frozen video and no sound. THat leads me to believe tuner #2 is bad in the box. Thoughts?

Also, I have a Slimline dish running to a 4x8 multiswitch. HR21 (the problem receiver) in my man cave, HR20 in the family room and 2 SD Directivo boxes in bedrooms.

4X8 switch ?
That will not work with the new sat set up, you need a WB68 (6x8) multiswitch, I wonder if that has anything to do with your trouble.

4X8 switch ?
That will not work with the new sat set up, you need a WB68 (6x8) multiswitch, I wonder if that has anything to do with your trouble.

Sorry, thats what I meant. The 2 flexports are capped off (so 4 lines run in from the dish). It is the same setup I had before (I think).

Sorry, thats what I meant. 2 of the inputs are capped off. It is the same setup I had before (I think). Should there by 6 inputs running in and 8 coming out even with only 4 dual tuner receivers? Doesnt a slimline dish only have 4 cables running to the multiswitch? I had Fios for a while (hence my vacation suspension) and perhaps the installer messed with my multiswitch).

Yes, the Slimline runs 4 cables to the MS.

I went though tech support and we got the tuner back. HOwever, there is a 4 sec delay between channel changes that wasnt there before. While trying to figure it out with the csr, I got cut off. Grrr. Any ideas?

I went though tech support and we got the tuner back. HOwever, there is a 4 sec delay between channel changes that wasnt there before. While trying to figure it out with the csr, I got cut off. Grrr. Any ideas?

Check your Setting under Native, try the opposite and see if it helps.

HOwever, there is a 4 sec delay between channel changes that wasnt there before. While trying to figure it out with the csr, I got cut off. Grrr. Any ideas?

Leaving your setup in Native mode can add a few seconds to channel changes; try looking in your setup Menu>Setup>Setup>HDTV>Video
& turn Native off. If that doesn't work it's time to use more of that protection plan. ;)

edit: Sorry Jim, I guess we were posting at the same time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)