HR21 Problem with Powerline Adapter and Wireless Router for DTV On Demand

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I thought the record requests were done via sattelite not internet?

I thought the record requests were done via sattelite not internet?

For on-demand, both the request and download is via the internet. The satellite connection is only one-way, so there is no way to request anything. Downloads conceivable could be done by satellite, but there is not enough bandwidth to set up individual download connections for every subscriber. Downloads for "Movies Now & Showcases" are pushed via satellite.

For on-demand, both the request and download is via the internet. The satellite connection is only one-way, so there is no way to request anything. Downloads conceivably could be done by satellite, but there is not enough bandwidth to set up individual download connections for every subscriber. Downloads for "Movies Now & Showcases" are pushed via satellite.

The previous posts were about the online scheduler, not VOD.

Hi - I am having similar problems. I can get my laptop to connect at the powerline adapter (the one that would plug into the DVR) but it says no internet connection when I try and connect the DVR. Any ideas or do I need to call Directv?

Hi - I am having similar problems. I can get my laptop to connect at the powerline adapter (the one that would plug into the DVR) but it says no internet connection when I try and connect the DVR. Any ideas or do I need to call Directv?

Create a bridge on your laptop and plug a Cat5 into the nic on the laptop and then to the reciever.
Configure the reciever and then hook up the powerline to the reciever. I did this and it worked for me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)