HR21 viewing HD on SD TV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rgn2000

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 28, 2007
I just got an HR21. I have many TV's in the house. I use a modulator to send the signal to other TV's. That of course would be and SD output (The Yellow, White, Red Jacks). I also use the HDMI out to the TV that happens to be the HDTV. My question is...Is there a setting that would make the SD output a proper picture when viewing an HD Channel? I want to be able to view the HD channel the way it is supposed to be on the HD TV and at the same time view that same channel on SD TV's. It seems to me the SD outputs should default to a 4:3 TV but they don't. I end up getting a squeezed picture on the 4:3 Tv's.

Thanks for any help.

I just got an HR21. I have many TV's in the house. I use a modulator to send the signal to other TV's. That of course would be and SD output (The Yellow, White, Red Jacks). I also use the HDMI out to the TV that happens to be the HDTV. My question is...Is there a setting that would make the SD output a proper picture when viewing an HD Channel? I want to be able to view the HD channel the way it is supposed to be on the HD TV and at the same time view that same channel on SD TV's. It seems to me the SD outputs should default to a 4:3 TV but they don't. I end up getting a squeezed picture on the 4:3 Tv's.

Thanks for any help.

To be able to watch a 4:3 picture.You have to be tuned to a 4:3 SD channel.;)

That is a drawback to using a single receiver to feed both 4:3 and 16:9 TVs. There is a setting where you choose between 16:9 and 4:3. You can reset the receiver to output 4:3 (adding letterbox to 16:9 pictures), however it will be that way on all outputs. If you only watch of the TVs at a time, this would be a nuisance, but it would work. Most people probably prefer to shell out the extra $4.99/month for separate receivers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts