HR22-100 searching for signal 771

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ranmic

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 11, 2009
Sun, Sun and more Sun!!!!
So about 30 minutes ago I was watching TV and my HD-DVR picture went blank(black screen). I changed to a few different channels and the same result. I reset it(red button) and then I pulled power and re-powered it.

I was able to check the signal and got all 0's on it. After the reset I got good signal strength all 90's but no picture......still searching 771.

So, i went and got my other HD box and plugged it in, in place of the HD-DVR and all works fine.

anyone got any ideas?

thanks.

Possible B-band converter, the pigtail looking thing that hooks into the sat in. those are know to crap out on occasion

if you have a power inserter right behind this receiver i would just make sure the fittings are all nice and tight. 7/16 wrench, just enough to tighten them, do not over do it..

i've seen more then one service call because of this, loose connection behind the main box connected to a PI. quick and easy money. but hope that helps you out

if you have a power inserter right behind this receiver i would just make sure the fittings are all nice and tight. 7/16 wrench, just enough to tighten them, do not over do it..

i've seen more then one service call because of this, loose connection behind the main box connected to a PI. quick and easy money. but hope that helps you out

Thanks. I noticed the next day when it did come back online and started working that the Multi-room view was available. So, I'm attributing it to the software update of that and it just gacked. It made no sense on why I could see good signal and on it but searching for signal too.

Like I said earlier, my regular HD box worked fine when I switched them out and then the next day the DVR was happy again.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)