HR22-100 searching for signal 771

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ranmic

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 11, 2009
Sun, Sun and more Sun!!!!
So about 30 minutes ago I was watching TV and my HD-DVR picture went blank(black screen). I changed to a few different channels and the same result. I reset it(red button) and then I pulled power and re-powered it.

I was able to check the signal and got all 0's on it. After the reset I got good signal strength all 90's but no picture......still searching 771.

So, i went and got my other HD box and plugged it in, in place of the HD-DVR and all works fine.

anyone got any ideas?

thanks.

Possible B-band converter, the pigtail looking thing that hooks into the sat in. those are know to crap out on occasion

if you have a power inserter right behind this receiver i would just make sure the fittings are all nice and tight. 7/16 wrench, just enough to tighten them, do not over do it..

i've seen more then one service call because of this, loose connection behind the main box connected to a PI. quick and easy money. but hope that helps you out

if you have a power inserter right behind this receiver i would just make sure the fittings are all nice and tight. 7/16 wrench, just enough to tighten them, do not over do it..

i've seen more then one service call because of this, loose connection behind the main box connected to a PI. quick and easy money. but hope that helps you out

Thanks. I noticed the next day when it did come back online and started working that the Multi-room view was available. So, I'm attributing it to the software update of that and it just gacked. It made no sense on why I could see good signal and on it but searching for signal too.

Like I said earlier, my regular HD box worked fine when I switched them out and then the next day the DVR was happy again.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)