HR22-700 junk

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jappleboy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2006
The Directv is juck. It is very slow on everything it does. I see the HR23-700 are out.Are they any faster and were can i get one

To my knowledge the hr series are the same as each other except the hr23 only has a bigger hd in it. Other than that they are the same as each other. So you wouldnt get anything different if you did get a hr23

To my knowledge the hr series are the same as each other except the hr23 only has a bigger hd in it. Other than that they are the same as each other. So you wouldnt get anything different if you did get a hr23
Wow hr series junk that can't be according to some on this forum they have been touched by the hand of god.:eek: But what do I know I don't have dtv for that reason but my friends who do are tired of hearing me complain about them. :eek:

The Directv is juck. It is very slow on everything it does. I see the HR23-700 are out.Are they any faster and were can i get one

No hes right, the HR-22-700 is a terrible box, its very slow when your dvr gets down to liek 30% space, also there are actually two different versions of the HR22-700, one has a glossy finsih, that one over heats like gets to 100F inside and goes slow, and then six month later same model but they changed it to grey aluminum to allow heat to more efficiently get out of the box, but it only improved speed a lil.

IT has todo more with the fact is that Directv has not perfected it Software that they put in there boxes, it be nice if they did that before they released these boxes because it makes us have to put up with boxes with unstable software in terms of readability and speed.

It kinda sad with Time warner has crappy boxes, and yet tehre software ran really fast and smoothy, never froze or lagged liek directv.

I love directv though just wish we had better software taht was faster and mroe compatible with the boxes

the HR series is a slow dvr period. D* needs a new line of Dvr's and call them the GT series ;):D or Z06 series.

No hes right, the HR-22-700 is a terrible box, its very slow when your dvr gets down to liek 30% space, also there are actually two different versions of the HR22-700, one has a glossy finsih, that one over heats like gets to 100F inside and goes slow, and then six month later same model but they changed it to grey aluminum to allow heat to more efficiently get out of the box, but it only improved speed a lil.

IT has todo more with the fact is that Directv has not perfected it Software that they put in there boxes, it be nice if they did that before they released these boxes because it makes us have to put up with boxes with unstable software in terms of readability and speed.

It kinda sad with Time warner has crappy boxes, and yet tehre software ran really fast and smoothy, never froze or lagged liek directv.

I love directv though just wish we had better software taht was faster and mroe compatible with the boxes

Another thread of peopel jumping in to bash .... sheesh, find the like thread ....

As for your remark about it being too HOT, is clearly bogus ...
The HR20's have run at 125* for many years with NO trouble due to overheating.

Got to love the guy that comes in here and does NOT have D* but wants to complain about it just the same :rant:

Another thread of peopel jumping in to bash .... sheesh, find the like thread ....

As for your remark about it being too HOT, is clearly bogus ...
The HR20's have run at 125* for many years with NO trouble due to overheating.

Got to love the guy that comes in here and does NOT have D* but wants to complain about it just the same :rant:
Why, like I said thats the reason I don't have it.:rant:

Well, this may like comparing apples to oranges but I just had my HR21-700 replaced by a HR21-100 and it is much faster with bringing up menus, changing channels, etc.

MY HR-22 consistently runs at 113 degrees. No issues at all.

As far as running slower when there's 30% remaining on the hard drive, what happens to your PC when it only has a 3rd of the hardrive to run all of your apps, OS, etc.

I have one PC that has a 320 g hardrive, there's about 900mb of space left. Guess what?

It's running slower than molasses in January, time to clean it up and give it some room to operate. Oh and it's running at about 125 degrees with alot bigger case and more fans.

Wow hr series junk that can't be according to some on this forum they have been touched by the hand of god.:eek: But what do I know I don't have dtv for that reason but my friends who do are tired of hearing me complain about them. :eek:

Why are you complaining if you don't have it?

Black HR21

i HAVE Three other HD-DVR the 21-700 and 21-100 they are alot faster. I like to dump the 22-700 but i need a black to match all of my things

The HR20's are probably the fastest. My HR20 is faster than my SD TiVo.
I would agree with this. I have two hr-20s and do not have the speed problems that others have. Is it as fast as the ViP series? No, but it is not a HUGE difference.

I would agree with this. I have two hr-20s and do not have the speed problems that others have. Is it as fast as the ViP series? No, but it is not a HUGE difference.
i disagree with this. i tried one of these hr20's and while it's a little better than my HR21 it's still not at the level of the vip series. If you're like me that had the latest off of the vip series you know that you can throw all the commands you want at it over and over like a maniac and it won't hesitate once.try that with any of the HR series Dvr's and you will have a delayed response on most of those commands.That's just testing it out.The HR series can't handle a normal sequence of commands without some type of delay 70% of the time. everything else on the HR series is great except the response issues.for someone that never had the best they might not notice but for someone who has it's very noticeable. that's my opinion anyway :) and these HR22's appear to be the worst out of the whole series

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)