HR22 External HDD Support?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Chrome69

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 25, 2008
Does the HR22 support a external Hard drive? Is this a feature we have to pay for? Just set mine up and it doesn't see the External WD 500gig HDD. Guess i should add i am trying to do this through the USB port...

Check the Sticky out for External Support. Also search for 0290A update as I believe it is included in there and you do not need to to he CUTTINGEDGE activation. You do have to use ESATA and Not USB.

Thats where my problem lies.. I do have the current update but not using the eSATA .. :(

Doesn't the HR22 have a 500G internal drive? If it does then you wouldn't be gaining anything by replacing it with a 500G external.

that's weird i thought it would add storage not replace it.. hmm oh well

Even though it doesn't directly add to the internal storage, it would allow you to continue to use the DVR if you haven't had time to watch everything on the internal. Or connect the external and fill it with movies/shows for future viewing.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)