HR22 Guide Slowness

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jreeseb

Original poster
Oct 26, 2008
I'm new to DirecTV, having subscribed in early November--loving the service, but wondering if others are having trouble with general full-screen and mini-Guide slowness. For 5-6 days Guide scrolling is fairly crisp but degenerates rather quickly after that. Symptoms include very sluggish response in both full-screen and Mini-Guide modes, and while in Mini-Guide mode, if I attempt to scroll thru multiple channels the response is not only very slow but portions of the guide disappear. Resetting the receiver clears this problem up. I've reset my HR22 now 4 times--wondering if perhaps I have a faulty receiver? No other problems other than those related to Guide responsiveness. Thanks!

My HR22-100 is really slow like yours also. It also seems that if I am watching a SD channel that the guide runs alot faster. Probably a software error, or all of the HR22 are hosed.

My HR22-100 is really slow like yours also. It also seems that if I am watching a SD channel that the guide runs alot faster. Probably a software error, or all of the HR22 are hosed.

Hello, I cannot compare the HR22 with any other because it is my first receiver (newbie); however the guide is slow. I have another standard receiver that is very fast.

My sister recently got DTV and her receiver is faster than mine.

Does it matter if you have the receiver set on "native" resolution? Still not sure what's the best setting for optimum PQ and receiver performance.

It depends on what looks best for you. Native is slower for changing channels, but I don't think it has an effect on guide speed (which is pretty slow on all DVRs).

I think that it will only use the resolutions which have been checked. As to quality, it depends on whether the TV or receiver does a better job of scaling to match the native resolution of the display.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts