HR22 not broadcasting RSN, but D12 is?!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

40_oz

SatelliteGuys Family
Aug 29, 2005
Here is the issue--customer has an HR22 and a D12. D12 he can watch baseball games on regional sports networks, but on the HR22 it just displays the DTV logo and plays music even while he watches the game on his D12!

Things I have tried:
Replace HR22
Replace LNB
Connect phone line

The entire system is run brand new with DTV approved solid copper and is ground according to DTV standards.
This seems like a programming issue on their end, but DTV just keeps wanting to send someone out on a service call! Certainly this is not the first instance and there has to be something that can be done! Why in the world would it work on the standard IRD, while the other is obviously broadcasting the blank screen usually on when there are no games to cover?

I am pretty good at what I do, but this is new to me. I don't have time to watch these channels myself and it sure isn't easy to troubleshoot when the damn channel is working fine. I dont understand how the channel on one IRD can play a game, and on the other IRD just play music to a DTV backdrop...

Here is the issue--customer has an HR22 and a D12. D12 he can watch baseball games on regional sports networks, but on the HR22 it just displays the DTV logo and plays music even while he watches the game on his D12!

Things I have tried:
Replace HR22
Replace LNB
Connect phone line

The entire system is run brand new with DTV approved solid copper and is ground according to DTV standards.
This seems like a programming issue on their end, but DTV just keeps wanting to send someone out on a service call! Certainly this is not the first instance and there has to be something that can be done! Why in the world would it work on the standard IRD, while the other is obviously broadcasting the blank screen usually on when there are no games to cover?

I am pretty good at what I do, but this is new to me. I don't have time to watch these channels myself and it sure isn't easy to troubleshoot when the damn channel is working fine. I dont understand how the channel on one IRD can play a game, and on the other IRD just play music to a DTV backdrop...

Try a Reset everything.
Try re authorizing the programming on the website or on the phone.
Very possible that it is authorized on one machine and not the other, they go by recvr ID's.

I'm leaning towards the latter.

Jimbo

I did that...but why would this have happened on two different HR22's? And why would all other oprogramming work just fine?

The channel is working because I hear the music and see the backdrop, it just doesnt come on when the game is being played like it's supposed to.

The other problem of course is that I cannot even see if anything I changed is fixing anything because the channel only works during the games when I am not present!

Please keep the ideas coming..I need em

I did that...but why would this have happened on two different HR22's? And why would all other oprogramming work just fine?

The channel is working because I hear the music and see the backdrop, it just doesnt come on when the game is being played like it's supposed to.

The other problem of course is that I cannot even see if anything I changed is fixing anything because the channel only works during the games when I am not present!

Please keep the ideas coming..I need em

I guess it would be to your benefit to try these during game times ...., I know it can be frustrating , keep trying

He lives 25 miles away from me and works at odd hours, so that is not an easy thing to accomplish.

I sent out a few emails, so hopefully someone somewhere has seen the same thing before.

His post just above yours says he doesn't get the hd or sd version on his hr22. It sure sounds like an authorization issue to me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)