HR22 question...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

greysilence

Original poster
Jan 8, 2007
So, I just cancelled my account today, and when I went through the retention dept, the rep told me that my equipment needed to be returned. Not a big surprise there. However, the surprise was when the rep told me that my HR22 (HD+DVR) was being "phased out" and that I didn't have to return it, just the access card.

Now, that was a shock to me, so I called back to verify, and of course got an outsourced center that said he lied. I've kept trying to get an American rep to verify, but no dice.

Anyone had any experience in this dept? Are they really NOT wanting the HR22 back? I mean, I'm sure I could find a use for a 500GB HDD if I cracked the sucker open, but I surely don't want to get hit for receiver fees.

Help?

I would call and speak to either retention or the access card group to veify. They can give you the best answer.
If they just want the access card they'll send you an envelope. The receiver it will be a box

My stepdad had a HR22 crap out 3 weeks ago and they asked for it back

greysilence, you have certainly lived up to your name! You have been a member here nearly seven years and this is your first post!
:welcome to Satelliteguys anyways! :)

Iceberg is right, contact the access card department and ask them. Have them email you their answer so you have a record. CYA!

Just had the same thing with one that went bad. Went through a similar thing with several phone calls to confirm. They don't want HR22-100's back. Whether it's the whole HR22 line, I don't know but I would concur that giving these things to new customers would be a joke and the cost of refurbing them would be a waste.

just as an update, i got back with the retention dept last night, triple checked with the 3 identifying numbers, then the lady confirmed she got a popup on her screen stating i needed to dispose of the box.

They will want the access card back, no doubt.

I doubt they don't want HR22's back. as I got an upgrade this year and they took my 22 back. So there's misinformation.

I don't think is about shipping back cost, but 22 are still refurbishable, unless Directv decided not to do any repairs and refurbish for parts and any more repairs are for newer models. And yes the installer did took the HR22 with him but I doubt for recycling.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts