HR22 Software update problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cranked

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Oct 21, 2007
Milwaukee, WI
So, I just had D* installed saturday and got an HR22 for the living room. Well, last night I fell asleep on the couch and awoke to see the box updating itself to the new 034c software. I turned the TV off and went back to bed. Then I woke up and turned on the TV to see the same exact thing happening and I turned the TV off and went to work. Then I come home and turn the TV on only to find it doing the same thing again. Apparently, it keeps trying to update but isnt taking the update. I go to the setup screen and see it still on software update 0x312 from 11/5 at 6:00am. Its obviously trying to update but it isnt taking for some reason. It just asked me if I want to update and I said "Update Later". I havent tried anything yet to solve the problem without asking here first. Is there a few things I could try? Could it just be a bad box?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks.

Im in central time. Wisconsin. If its not out for me yet, I dont know what to say because it keeps trying to d/l it (or at least some update, I thought it said 034c). If its not trying to d/l that update, its trying to d/l some update over and over and over without actually accepting it.

I am in Chicago Il, Central Time. I received the update today, 9/15 @2:28 AM

anyone have an answer? This is driving me nuts. Guess I will have to spend 6 hours on the phone with D* troubleshooting when its probably the box itself.

OP,
Can you get your regular programming or does this keep you from viewing it ?
If you cannot get any programming.

I would probably try doing a hard reset, unplug the unit wait a few minutes and plug it back in.

Seeing your new (recvr wise) it is common for the recvr to update after it's been installed, that part would be nothing to worry about, the fact that it's not finishing an update would be a different issue all together.
Unless it IS getting the updates and loading a different one, but you said the software version hasn't changed.

I wasnt thinking about this earlier, but I checked the bedroom R22 and it got the update just fine. The HR22, however, wont apply the update. Nothing is wrong with the service or channels or programming at all, everything works great. It just wont apply the update after downloading to my HR22. It has to be the box. Guess ill give D* a call. Thanks for the help.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)