HR23 W/New Order

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

robob

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 10, 2006
Hey Folks,

I am finally going to switch back to DIRECTV from dish. Speed in HD and Twit.tv coming there are my main reasons.

Previously you folks have said that there is no way to ensure that one gets a HR23, has that changed? Are all the old models used up yet?

Have a referral from one of the fine staff here, anything else I should know? BTW, I am a IT Consultant and used to sell C band equipment.

Thanks,
Robert:)

There's no way to guarantee it other than going and buying it in the store yourself. You're pretty much at the mercy of what the installer has on the truck.

And what do you mean about twit.tv?

There's no way to guarantee it other than going and buying it in the store yourself. You're pretty much at the mercy of what the installer has on the truck.

And what do you mean about twit.tv?

Wellll, I replied and it did not post. Maybe I did not hit the button.

Anyway, thanks. None on the BestBuy website. Anybody know a retailer with the HR23?

twit.tv is the online channel featuring and run by Leo Laporte. He is a well known tech journalist. DIRECTV and Laporte are supposedly close to an announcement for twit.tv to be simulcasted part time on one of DIRECTV's feeds.

Thanks,

Wellll, I replied and it did not post. Maybe I did not hit the button.

Anyway, thanks. None on the BestBuy website. Anybody know a retailer with the HR23?

twit.tv is the online channel featuring and run by Leo Laporte. He is a well known tech journalist. DIRECTV and Laporte are supposedly close to an announcement for twit.tv to be simulcasted part time on one of DIRECTV's feeds.

Thanks,

God I hope you are right. I miss the days of TechTV and The Screen Savers. That crap they have on G4 is a joke. Twit is a great podcast. I also like his show "The Tech Guy"

http://www.cornfedtech.com/2008/12/possible-deal-for-twit-on-directv-with.html

God I hope you are right. I miss the days of TechTV and The Screen Savers. That crap they have on G4 is a joke. Twit is a great podcast. I also like his show "The Tech Guy"

Cornfedtech.com: Possible deal for TWiT on DirecTV with Sarah Lane?

Agree. Glad to find another Leo fan here. I suppose you know the stream at twit.tv is live during the recording of his various podcasts plus other stuff.

BTW, Leo says the G4 ratings are a fraction of what The Screensavers and Call For Help had. I believe him as it is public record.

Take it EZ,
Robert

Any other ideas?

I asked in another thread about who installs for BestBuy and can I use a referral discount?

I am in Houston TX.

Want to make the call so I can go visit a client and earn money:)

I miss Call 4 Help and The Screensavers. It was good entertainment for us computer nerds. :(

Oh, BTW, I got a HR23 when I ordered through DirecTV. However, it's dependent on what the HSP has in stock.

I miss Call 4 Help and The Screensavers. It was good entertainment for us computer nerds. :(

Oh, BTW, I got a HR23 when I ordered through DirecTV. However, it's dependent on what the HSP has in stock.

What hsp did yours and how did it go?

Our installer had one on his truck (hr23). Gave it to me when I asked even :) I also think he gave us a free HD receiver for the second receiver when I had ordered standard. THough he said they don't have a standard receiver anymore, so maybe thats true.

I live in SoCal and I'm not sure what the company was. I know they used to be called Mountain Satellite but it may have changed. It went pretty quick. I had a HR23 and a H20 installed which I had already prewired. I need to go through and check my signals on the 99 and 103 and figure out why some of my HD's are choppy. They aren't choppy all the time. I lose signal maybe for 1/4 of a second and sometimes the video goes out but the sound is still there for the same amount of time. I'm thinking maybe the antenna needs to be aligned a bit better however the guy had a meter so I would ASSUME he did it properly. But, you never know.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts