HR24-100 vs. HR24-500 HD-DVR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mitchflorida

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 12, 2004
I am a new DirecTV subscriber, and the HR24-500 that they installed had a faulty network card. The installer has replaced it with a new HR24-100, which works very well.

What is the hardware difference between these two models? I probably should find out now to see if I need to call them back to get the HR24-500 back again. :)

The notable difference is the manufacturer. Beyond that, only time will tell.

Each manufacturer is given a set of specifications and sent on their merry way.

-100 Thomson
-200 Samsung
-300 Philips
-400 Hughes
-500 Humax
-600 LG
-700 Pace
-800 NEC

Thanks for the information! Somehow I would trust Thomson more than Humax, a manufacturer that I have never heard of before. :up

Thanks for the information! Somehow I would trust Thomson more than Humax, a manufacturer that I have never heard of before. :up

All three are very good.

Thompson would be the 2nd one if I had my choice.

I would go

Pace
Thompson
Humax

Thats not to say theres anything wrong with Humax, I have never had one as of yet.

The HR20-700 was a Pace.

All three are very good.

Thompson would be the 2nd one if I had my choice.

I would go

Pace
Thompson
Humax

Thats not to say theres anything wrong with Humax, I have never had one as of yet.

Your profile says that you have two HR24-500's which were made by Humax.

As far as I know, the only companies that make the HR24 are Humax, Thomson-Technicolor, and Samsung.

Your profile says that you have two HR24-500's which were made by Humax.

As far as I know, the only companies that make the HR24 are Humax, Thomson-Technicolor, and Samsung.

Opps, I stand corrected ..... I was for some reason thinking they were Pace, but your rigth, they ARE Humax :eek: :eek::)

Ok, this is my first experience with Humax and it's been GREAT so far.

That said, I'd rather have PACE :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)