HR24-500 outside US, (venezuela)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cpcgroup

Original poster
Aug 28, 2013
Caracas, Venezuela
Hi, i do a lot of research in the forum looking for an answer, but i can't find it. so this is my question.

- Can i bought a HR24-500 sat receiver in amazon and take to venezuela to use with mi regular directv-LA service that 'im paying for?

- Just connect where my actual hr22 is connected?

PD: Directv LA only ofer the hr22 for the HD DVR Service.

:welcome to Satelliteguys cpcgroup!

I'm not sure, but I think you need the LA version to work with the LA programming.

Assuming that your HR22 is already working fine in Venezuela and you have already reception, there are 2 answers:

* yes, it will work with Directv. Just purchase a HR24 and get it activated for your existing LA account.
* you will have to specify your hardware, lnb and switches. The HR24 might not work for a non SWM set-up. I am not sure.

PD: Directv LA only ofer the hr22 for the HD DVR Service.
There will almost surely be issues if the HR24 firmware isn't available on the DIRECTVLA satellites. I'm guessing that the firmware isn't processor independent (though there is a chance it is).

I seem to recall that there used to be "S" versions of receivers as well and that may (or may not) present other compatibility issues with services offered in other World markets.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)