HR24 and THR22 Together?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Ok, so if I have 5 tuners, I would need an 8, how do the other 3 ports hurt ?
Signal loss is not that great.
They dont, but if you only have a 2 or 4 room setup, you are supposed to use the smallest splitter that works.
Not put 8 ways on 2 room setups.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Caps are just that, only caps. Terminators have a center conductor and provide 75 ohm resistance.

Ok, so if I have 5 tuners, I would need an 8, how do the other 3 ports hurt ?
Signal loss is not that great.
If you have 5 tuners as in a Genie, no splitter is required. If you have 5 tuners as in receivers, then an 8 way is required. The point is that you always want to have less splitter as possible.

Reactions: Troch77
You mean Terminate, Caps are used on unused ports on Swm 8 and 16 Multi switches.

Yes and no. Terminators are installed on RF outputs. Caps are used on inputs/outputs that carry voltage such as those found on a 6x8 switch. So a SWM16 switch uses caps and terminators

Reactions: Troch77
Yes and no. Terminators are installed on RF outputs. Caps are used on inputs/outputs that carry voltage such as those found on a 6x8 switch. So a SWM16 switch uses caps and terminators
Yes, But my swm 16 was using both ports lol.
I had 12 tuners.

You just contradicted yourself.
You pointed out that a SWM 8 if 5 ports are used, the rest need to be capped, however isn't only 1 port actually carrying power, the one running to the LNB ?
Or do they all have power ... I'm thinking that only the one has power, otherwise it wouldn't matter which port you use to feed the LNB.

You just contradicted yourself.
You pointed out that a SWM 8 if 5 ports are used, the rest need to be capped, however isn't only 1 port actually carrying power, the one running to the LNB ?
Or do they all have power ... I'm thinking that only the one has power, otherwise it wouldn't matter which port you use to feed the LNB.
Splitters are used for RF, as such they use terminators.

Few things here...

1) There is a $5 TIVO fee in addition to the Directv DVR fee

2) The whole home DVR features do not work, so you can't share recordings between rooms.

3) The TiVo is basically an HR22 with TiVo software. Such a great unit, but sucks it's not on the HR24 or Genie platform.

4) The Romario models with a cable card, are a far superior unit to this model.

If anyone wants one, I have a brand new THR 22 TiVo for sale for $125. They are normally $199. It's 3 years old, but new in box.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts