Software 0xac8 HR44/700

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tigerfan33

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2007
Alabama
Any notes?
Got it last night. Hope this one is more stable.

I got it 2 nights ago and I think it has to do with what Scott mentioned but that is a guess!! ;) :)

I just got this last night. I needed to reboot in order to complete the upgrade process, it was showing the message in the lower right corner that it couldn't see the satellite.

Good to see the last version is gone. Hope this one is as smooth as the one two versions ago. :)

Seems quite a bit more stable. My HR44 has had it since 12/8 and I haven't had near the slowness over the past week or so.

The Non-Genie DVR's also got software updates 2 days ago. My HR23 first received it, & after researching it on redh.com Directv Firmware Monitor, I went ahead & force downloaded the software on my other 3 non-Genie DVR's. It has to be related to the new reverse band LNB's(?).

Well I have to say that I STILL see one of the issues I was seeing on the last rev. I am seeing two different things which I am certain are related, as they happen at the same time.

When I am watching TV live through the Genie Mini, occasionally I will see a glitch while I am watching in real time, the very beginning of the recording cache is viewed alternately, instead of the real-time show. This cuts in and out usually just once in the course of a single show, and is sporadic. It seems to just be the way the Genie Mini sees it - but not the main Genie HR44 unit. Viewing devices connected to the HR44 unit generally seem to be unaffected with live/real-time viewing. Or rather, I haven't noticed this happen directly on the HR44. Just on the Genie Mini.

At this time I am unsure as to whether or not it is being recorded by the HR44 that way, but I will amend this post tonight when I get the chance to check the recording.

The second issue I am seeing, which happens at the same time, is I tried changing the channel through the Genie Mini and then coming back to it. When I get back to it, the channel cache will be all the way to the left at the beginning, a couple hours behind. This shouldn't even be possible since I never use Double Play. Then I fast forward through the cache to get to the real time point in the program. There is a point along the way where it skips all the way back to the beginning of the cache. (in this case the current program segment was orange and being recorded) Using this device, there is no apparent way to get to the far-right real-time live content on affected channel. At a certain point, it consistently jumps back to a green segment, a couple hours to the beginning of the channel cache. So basically whenever this happens, I have to go to the room where the HR-44 is to finish the rest of the show.

Hope that helps someone at Directv in further diagnosing this issue. Maybe someone higher up on here can forward this to those "in the know".

The only change on this software that I see is the updated logos, including CBS's logo being wrong on AM21 feeds. It's been that way on the CE software for a while. CBS is not Video Rola...

Well I have to say that I STILL see one of the issues I was seeing on the last rev. I am seeing two different things which I am certain are related, as they happen at the same time.

When I am watching TV live through the Genie Mini, occasionally I will see a glitch while I am watching in real time, the very beginning of the recording cache is viewed alternately, instead of the real-time show. This cuts in and out usually just once in the course of a single show, and is sporadic. It seems to just be the way the Genie Mini sees it - but not the main Genie HR44 unit. Viewing devices connected to the HR44 unit generally seem to be unaffected with live/real-time viewing. Or rather, I haven't noticed this happen directly on the HR44. Just on the Genie Mini.

At this time I am unsure as to whether or not it is being recorded by the HR44 that way, but I will amend this post tonight when I get the chance to check the recording.

The second issue I am seeing, which happens at the same time, is I tried changing the channel through the Genie Mini and then coming back to it. When I get back to it, the channel cache will be all the way to the left at the beginning, a couple hours behind. This shouldn't even be possible since I never use Double Play. Then I fast forward through the cache to get to the real time point in the program. There is a point along the way where it skips all the way back to the beginning of the cache. (in this case the current program segment was orange and being recorded) Using this device, there is no apparent way to get to the far-right real-time live content on affected channel. At a certain point, it consistently jumps back to a green segment, a couple hours to the beginning of the channel cache. So basically whenever this happens, I have to go to the room where the HR-44 is to finish the rest of the show.

Hope that helps someone at Directv in further diagnosing this issue. Maybe someone higher up on here can forward this to those "in the know".

** To add to my post and wrap up the results of my test for higher-ups and powers that may be, this sample show which produced the issues above was also recorded on the Genie HR44. Afterwards, the saved recording was complete and uninterrupted, viewable on the Genie HR44. The saved recording was also later viewable on the Genie Mini. It was just not viewable on the Genie Mini - either using the recording cache or trying to watch it in real time live.

as to the second issue, you wernt switching to the channel the main genie was already on were you?

I had already been on it, as the HR44 was tuned to it and recording it, and I was in the other room viewing it on the Genie Mini at the same time. When this happened, my first instinct was to flip channels on the Mini and come back to the one I had been watching.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)