HR24 no longer jumps back a few seconds when pressing play during FF?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

VTRob

Original poster
Jul 12, 2007
I recently upgraded from an HR20 to an HR24. I have noticed that now when I fast forward through a recording and hit play, it starts playing immediately. With the HR20, it would jump back a few seconds and play. I really liked that, since you could overshoot when the show is back on, now I am constantly having to hit play, then rewind a few seconds manually. Is there an update or a way to get this delay back?

I recently upgraded from an HR20 to an HR24. I have noticed that now when I fast forward through a recording and hit play, it starts playing immediately. With the HR20, it would jump back a few seconds and play. I really liked that, since you could overshoot when the show is back on, now I am constantly having to hit play, then rewind a few seconds manually. Is there an update or a way to get this delay back?

Don't back up manually, the rev. button will back you up 8 sec. at a time.
It's the opposite to the one your using to do the :30 sec skip.

That is the one and only thing that annoys the hell out of me. I cannot understand why it does that. I press play were I want it to play, not where it THINKS I want it top play

Its an autocorrection thing thats supposed to close the difference between when your eye sees what it wants and your finger hits the button, and its scaled depending on how many ffx's you're going with a larger autocorrect on FF4 than FF1.

They have been regularly monkeying around with how much it autocorrects. I think they took away the FF1 autocorrect entirely, but I'd have to check that. I wish they'd pick a correction and stick with it, because whatever it is, I get used to it after a while.

No, theres no manual adjustment. With the old tivo's you could hack the s/w to change the autocorrects but I've never seen a hack for the directv box.

I like the jump back when it's accurate. On MRV viewing, my HR22 is pretty close, but the HR24 will jump back a full commercial.

Its an autocorrection thing thats supposed to close the difference between when your eye sees what it wants and your finger hits the button, and its scaled depending on how many ffx's you're going with a larger autocorrect on FF4 than FF1.
I guess my reaction time is too fast then? :p

Then I wish they would allow each user to adjust this setting to their own reflexes and reaction. I always have to let it go further than I like so it will stop where I want.

I like the jump back when it's accurate. On MRV viewing, my HR22 is pretty close, but the HR24 will jump back a full commercial.

Really ?

Thats Odd.

I just checked my HR24 on Saturday after I recorded the HDNET Test Pattern, seeing it has a clock on it.
The FF was :30 and the rev was :8, I did not check with multiple FF's , I did check 2 rev. and it was right on at 16 sec.

Man, you guys are really critical.
I stop mine and hit the REV button :)08 sec) and I'm watching, if I catch a sec or two of commercial, big deal. :)

I guess my reaction time is too fast then? :p

Then I wish they would allow each user to adjust this setting to their own reflexes and reaction. I always have to let it go further than I like so it will stop where I want.

Wait a couple of years. The problem will self correct ;)

Will D* have fixed it or is Dodger just getting older ? :D

Really ?

Thats Odd.

I just checked my HR24 on Saturday after I recorded the HDNET Test Pattern, seeing it has a clock on it.
The FF was :30 and the rev was :8, I did not check with multiple FF's , I did check 2 rev. and it was right on at 16 sec.

When I watch a recording, on the HR24, off the HR22, over MRV, the jump back, from pressing play to stop, it skips almost one commercial. I hit the 30 sec skip after that, and it stops either a little before the show comes back on, or right after it came back on. My way of combating it was to let it FF3 run well into the show, then hit play. It would jump back to about the right spot. The HR22, in the same situation, jumps to the show coming back on, if you hit play as soon as you see it come back on. All on FF3.

When I watch a recording, on the HR24, off the HR22, over MRV, the jump back, from pressing play to stop, it skips almost one commercial. I hit the 30 sec skip after that, and it stops either a little before the show comes back on, or right after it came back on. My way of combating it was to let it FF3 run well into the show, then hit play. It would jump back to about the right spot. The HR22, in the same situation, jumps to the show coming back on, if you hit play as soon as you see it come back on. All on FF3.

I use FF5, sometimes 6, seeing they are putting so MANY commercials in the shows now.

I wonder if any of the discrepancies are related to watching a show from a different DVR, like your doing elway, I don't have that set up so I can't check it.

Does it do the same thing when watching on the same unit that did the recording ?

No, its gotta be a MRV bug. When watching on the same unit, the HR24 nails it, the HR22 is a little slow, but the HR22 acts the same on MRV. Different unit, and software that looks the same, but it written from the ground up, just equals kinks. It'll take a good 6 months for them to work the bugs out Im sure, if it's like the HR20.

No, its gotta be a MRV bug. When watching on the same unit, the HR24 nails it, the HR22 is a little slow, but the HR22 acts the same on MRV. Different unit, and software that looks the same, but it written from the ground up, just equals kinks. It'll take a good 6 months for them to work the bugs out Im sure, if it's like the HR20.

So we know it's not a HR24 or HR22 issue, it's strictly a MRV issue.

Well, the HR22 works fine/same (little slow) off its HDD, and over MRV. The HR24 works fine off it's HDD, but funky off MRV. I also see more audio drops on the HR24 while on MRV.

There is a SW update coming, and tweaks to MRV are supposed to be in it.

Well, the HR22 works fine/same (little slow) off its HDD, and over MRV. The HR24 works fine off it's HDD, but funky off MRV. I also see more audio drops on the HR24 while on MRV.

There is a SW update coming, and tweaks to MRV are supposed to be in it.

You mean a CE on Friday or something different ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)