HR24 Program Grouping

Status
Please reply by conversation.

HeinrichVictory

Original poster
Aug 19, 2011
N.E. Tennessee
Hey guys. I've been a DirecTV customer for nearly 11 years and just recently I was forced to upgrade to their new HR24 DVR. I'd had the old R10 TiVo for 6+ of those years and absolutely loved it. I wasn't really happy about the forced switch, but technology changes so sometimes you have to change with it. Anyhoo, after several days of issues, I've finally started to get used to the new layout and functionality of the HR24 when I noticed some of the shows were being grouped together. I'm used the the R10 having this as an option, but I always kept it on 'newest first' so that I'd just start at the bottom when my wife and I sat down to watch shows. I have that 'newst first' option turned on on the HR24 as well, but I noticed it's grouping shows together and I can't find an option to turn it off. So now we have shows that are a week old grouped with new shows AT THE TOP OF THE LIST. I've scoured the innerwebs and can't seem to find a solution. Is there one? At the very least it should group them with the oldest show taking priority. What sense does it make to have a 'newest first' option if it's not going to stay that way?

Sorry for the novella here, but this whole switch-over has been quite the experience. Thanks.

There doesen't seem to be a way to remove grouping or have it show in a different order but if you press the yellow button while viewing your list and select "Open/Close all", all the groups open up at once, which may be more to your liking. Unfortunately you will need to do that every time you access the list, it cannot be made a default setting.

Go into your Playlist and hit the Yellow button (Options)....
There you can sort from Categories or CHANGE the Order of the Playlist, I think the Order is the one you'll want to look into.

MikeFr said:
"Open/Close all"
I'd seen and used that but, like you said, you'd have to do that each time and that's a bit of a pain.

Jimbo said:
Go into your Playlist and hit the Yellow button (Options)....
There you can sort from Categories or CHANGE the Order of the Playlist, I think the Order is the one you'll want to look into.
I'd seen that as well and didn't think there was a solution there either, but just for grins I set it to 'oldest first'. Now the older recording in each folder is priority so the folders are ordered properly. It's not ideal as I still have the folders to mess with but it's the closest I think I'll come. Now I just have to reset my brain to have the older stuff at the top of the list.

Thank's a million guys.

Now, I think your just the opposite of me, I would rather have the Newest ones at the top of the folder (as it is).
I just look at the dates next to them to see which one I want to watch when I am behind a few episodes.

Status
Please reply by conversation.