HR24 series recording

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Widescreen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 14, 2006
Allen, TX (Dallas area)
I just got DTV installed today and I'm trying to replicate all my old Dish recordings. Right now I'm setting up a series for Glenn Beck (please hold the commentary). I've got it set up to record "First Run" but it looks like it's going to record the version overnight as well as the 4pm one. Is it because the program guide info has the overnight one listed as being New as well? Is there a way to only have it record just the ones in the afternoon?

Thanks for your help!

I was just installed on Friday, and it's actually the same on Dish Network. The program guide for Fox News and Fox Business is just wrong, so Dish and Direct don't know that all episodes are not first run. I just programmed my HR-24 to do a manual recording M-F from 4pm-5pm (Central Time) on Fox News using the Menu\Manage Recordings\Manual Recording option in the menu, and it appears to be working correctly.

Widescreen,
The guide info comes from the Tribune company, they handle D* and I think they do DISH as well.
If the info from the Tribune is incorrect, the D* guide will also be incorrect.

As for the First run vs both, if your setting it up and everything is new, set them for First Run and keep an eye on it, it might record everything the first time thru and then the correct one after that.
It doesn't know whats first run if it's not listed that way from the Trib.

Hey Widescreen I had a simular issue with some of the shows my wife had set to DVR and from the response to my issue was that it is Guide Data that causes it... CC

Shows that are on multiple times in one day will always show as 1st runs and be recorded. Setting up a recurring manual recording via the Manage Recordings page is the only way around it. It does work very well though.

I had the same issue recording Chelsea Lately. The only real issue I have with the manual recordings is there is no programming information included.

Status
Please reply by conversation.