Status
Please reply by conversation.

fayrich

Old Fart
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2004
CLEVELAND, OHIO AREA
I remember this subject being discussed before, but have been unable to locate the thread. My problem is intermittent but very annoying when it occurs. It sometimes takes 5 - 10 seconds for the receiver to respond. I know some possible remedies have been recommended in the past. So anyone, any help will be most appreciated. This is driving me nuts.

Unfortunately that's how HR24's work nowadays
HR44's and H25's are the fastest receivers or any HD non DVR's,
HR21-23 were the worst imo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

True. I was starting with the easiest and working my way up.

CLEARMYBOX is not a fix-all for the missing My DIRECTV Group as there can be other causes. E.g. - A bad install of the NR. Which was my recent problem. The fixed was another install of the NR.
Not sure how you could get a bad install. The code is sum/redundancy checked so it's impossible to get a bad download.

Clear your DVR at least leave 20% hope it run smoother you can also change your mood from IR to RF that actually helps response time changing channels

Tried the "CLEARMYBOX" the other day. Too early to be sure since it is an intermittent problem, but so far, so good. Thanks for the help guys. But if the problem rears it's ugly head again, I will be back.

Tried the "CLEARMYBOX" the other day. Too early to be sure since it is an intermittent problem, but so far, so good. Thanks for the help guys. But if the problem rears it's ugly head again, I will be back.
Hey,
You can come back Anytime you want .... dont be a stranger

Hate to tell you but DirecTV receivers have had this problem for years, and always will. Surprised you didn't get any hits from a search. I got over 10,000.

Firmware 0x08c6 caused the RF mode to slow down so much it was not usable, it worked great the night before the download was installed. I changed to IR and everything was back to normal, on 10/15 0x08ca was download and that caused the IR to be nearly as slow as the RF. I have been through every possible solution that I could find including clearing the HDD and it still runs like a dog.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)