HR24 vs. VIP722

Status
Please reply by conversation.
no its the 100's using the 500's dvr function, WAY too slow

and yes i have to force download on all recievers on install so that reset doesnt make anything work better

no its the 100's using the 500's dvr function, WAY too slow

and yes i have to force download on all recievers on install so that reset doesnt make anything work better

How are you using a NON DVR unit as a DVR ?

Kinda strange to complain about DVR funtion being slow when your not using a DVR.

So, from what it sounds like your saying, you have set up MRV with a HR24 and a H24 ?
And the H24 is slow ?

Hows the speed on the actual HR24, thats what I thought you were saying was slow.

WEll dish gives you two HD dvrs, so yes, 6 recordings at once, and yes ive used all 6 at one time before.

Well unless things have change Dish will only lease two dual room DVR setups. Which means 4 rooms are limitd to 4 satellite recordings (and just two hard drives). That just isn't enough flexibility in my house. I've got 5 rooms with TVs. That's 10 available tuners and 5 hard drive. More recording space and more recording flexibility. And now with D*'s MRV, I can watch a specific HD recording in HD mode in any of my 3 HDTVs. Can't do that with Dish either.

Should have waited it out......

Ya had to know they would have VS back on eventually .... in time for the NHL Playoffs, thats got to be the biggest thing VS has going.
Indy car and it look like comcast was in no hurry to make it happen.
But yes i should have waited .
would love to have mrv never will with dish

I think it has changed to allow 3 dual DVRs now.

But that is only leased, you can still buy beyond that.

This true as I currently have 1ea. 722 and 2ea. 622 recievers. But don't forget, the new HD duo dvr fee is $17 for each dual tuner DVR after the frst one. In my case, I pay $34/month for this.

I don't even like 3 dual room DVR. I hate the idea of two rooms sharing 2 tuners and a single hard drive. It just isn't flexible enough for me. I like each room with it's own tuners and hard drive.

troll? im an installer

press menu, then go to setup, i can press the down button 6 times to get down the list and the hr24 shows that i did something about 2 seconds after i let go of the button, its SLOW!!! get over it!

then theres the 5-10 second delay on the MRV when you hit play, on the 722 the tv2 starts playing immediatly

Obviously you dont know what your talking about
So the fact that you can watch any recorded show from any DVR to any DVR/receiver in the house (something you cannot do on MRV with any other provider), makes DirecTVs MRV a joke?

WEll dish gives you two HD dvrs, so yes, 6 recordings at once, and yes ive used all 6 at one time before.

the dvr stuff is the slow respsonse from the h24-100 to watch or do anything with the dvr stuff, takes over 5 seconds to start playing the show
What kind of logic is that? Seriously. I can put 10 DVRs in my house and record 20 things at once. We are comparing one product to one product. What does having multiple versions of the same product have to do with how one product performs over another product?

How are you using a NON DVR unit as a DVR ?

Kinda strange to complain about DVR funtion being slow when your not using a DVR.

So, from what it sounds like your saying, you have set up MRV with a HR24 and a H24 ?
And the H24 is slow ?

Hows the speed on the actual HR24, thats what I thought you were saying was slow.
What it sounds like too me is that he has been shown to not know what he is talking about, meaning he really is not an installer.

This is like the fifth issue in which he demonstrated he doesn't know much about the 24's.

First, the fact that he knows little about Directs MRV
Second, he thought there was such a thing as an HR24-100
Third, he thinks a H24-100 is a DVR
Fourth, he did not know how to do a menu reboot and confused it with a force download
Fifth, he is the ONLY one I have ever heard say that the 24 is slow. I have even seen videos of people using them and they were hauling arse.

Last edited:
What it sounds like too me is that he has been shown to not know what he is talking about, meaning he really is not an installer.

This is like the fifth issue in which he demonstrated he doesn't know much about the 24's.

First, the fact that he knows little about Directs MRV
Second, he thought there was such a thing as an HR24-100
Third, he thinks a H24-100 is a DVR
Fourth, he did not know how to do a menu reboot and confused it with a force download
Fifth, he is the ONLY one I have ever heard say that the 24 is slow. I have even seen videos of people using them and they were hauling arse.

All good points :)

I personally like the HR24's. I've installed quite a few for customers already.

Something nobody has mentioned & I need to know myself.

What is the recording capacity of the HR24????

I personally like the HR24's. I've installed quite a few for customers already.

Something nobody has mentioned & I need to know myself.

What is the recording capacity of the HR24????

Recording capacity ?
It has a 500 G hard drive if thats what your asking :)

Recording capacity ?
It has a 500 G hard drive if thats what your asking :)

Need to know hours of sd & hd. Lots of folks asking me this ?

Wow 500 gig that's pretty decent.

Is hr24 compatible with an ehd?

Last edited:

Well, it's better than they have had in the earlier units, they had 300 and 320g, the HR22 and 23 had 500 as well I think.

I do not have the numbers handy, just browsed thru the book and didn't see anything on it either.

Someone here will know.

Last edited:
Well, it's better than they have had in the earlier units, they had 300 and 320g, the HR22 and 23 had 500 as well I think.

I do not have the numbers handy, just browsed thru the book and didn't see anything on it either.

Someone here will know.

IIRC, that means 100 hours of HD or 400 hours of SD.

ETA, that's 100 hours of MPEG4 HD. If you record OTA, which is MPEG2, then it will be around 50 hours of MPEG2 HD.

Is hr24 compatible with an ehd?

Yes the HR24 is compatible with EHD's, of course not all will work, like with other recvrs.

I'm using a 1.5TB Seagate that I also used with my HR20-700.

i currently have dish and thinking of switching. i have an EHD with my 722 vip - that wouldn't work with the hr24 right? once i kill dish service would i be able to access those recordings?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)