HR2x and R22 CE Release Weekend of 9/11 v.353 & 354

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
MRV not working for me, client access card invalid error.

I can see shows on the other DVR but can't watch them due to this.

Rick

He's speaking of the "other" place that posted it earlier.

Yeah, I know what he's talking about. It'd be nice if he spent a little more time participating in the community here rather than spending all three of his posts talking about what circuitous route the release notes took. Thats neither productive, nor very interesting.

:tux:

I have an issue with the client access card invalid error also.
I have an HR20 with 0353 and two HR21's with 0354 on them. The problem happens between my HR20 and HR21 only. MRV between the HR21's works well. If I try to access an HR21 playlist from the HR20, I can view the play list but am not able to watch the shows. I cannot see the HR20 play list from the HR21's at all.

It's cool to have access to new software ... and a privilege to participate. So, last night I took the plunge. DL'd 354 and had no problems at all. Received a message from DTV indicating the availability of Double Play along with instructions, but bothing else. Here are my observations so far ....

HR22-100:

1) In the system menu, the usually greyed-out "Access Card" option is gone.
2) The buffer length on each tuner seems to vary ... one hour at times, two hours at other times and even three hours on one buffer at one point.

Regards,

UB.

Still getting 034C here...

Lucky you. That appears to be out of the stream now. I downloaded 0354 last night, as I expected it to have the HD enabled for my R22-100 receiver. However 0354 only has my locals in HD. Nothing else that I sub to is showing up in HD with version 0354. Hopefully they'll put 034C back in the stream so I "upgrade." :eek:

Notes were updated by DBSTalk sometime after their original posting, after 10pm, to indicate the return of MRV. Today I have updated our initial note post with this information, and how you can enable MRV with this release.

Here are our thoughts on this childish activity:

Editorial comment: Labeling notes as "something cool" at 10pm, or leaving it out entirely before that is simply childish. DirecTV has indicated this is how they want to run the CE program, providing advanced information to a couple guys at one site, DBStalk, who then dicepher and release the information as they see fit. It is simply childish and we believe that a company the size of DirecTV needs to wake up, eliminate these games, provide the information to ALL THEIR CUSTOMERS that want to participate, regardless of site participation, and eliminate individual efforts to control distribution of key information when it comes to release notes.

Satelliteguys always provided the notes and information as EXACTLY what DirecTV sent, providing the best possible accuracy. One would think that DirecTV would appreciate that effort, and question other sites efforts to release information as one person, unaffiliated with DirecTV, sees fit.

It appears that the HR20-100's (on 353) are not functioning properly with MRV. The other boxes with 354 appear to be working properly with each other. When an HR20-100 is thrown into the mix, it can see the other models playlists but cant play a show. Other receiver types cannot see the playlist on an HR20-100.

So since I have two HR20-100's, this is of no use. Perhaps there'll be a 354 release in the stream for the HR20-100's tonight.

And maybe directv can spend a little time getting something to actually function before they send it out for customer testing. Maybe a little less time screwing around with who gets what information?

I have 354 on both of my HR21-100's. The remote response is slightly better than the NR. :up Since they want us to use the info/terms from the other site, the "something cool" feature between both of my HR21-100's works but there's times when it pixelates. I'm going to test it more in the upcoming days...

On a side note: Like webdog pointed out, it appears they have stopped streaming 034C as the NR and my boxes now try to pull 312 when going back to the NR. My boxes were sent 034C last week.

Got it on both my HR21-100 and my HR20-700 last night. So far so good. MRV works well. The 30sec is slip is a little slow when watching a recorded program from the other receiver, I am assuming that is a buffering issue. Other than that it's cool! I love MRV!

In response to the editorial comment......couldn't agree more. It seems that an employee of D*, that used to be a staff member on DBSTalk is playing favorites.....that's BS.

Well, I just figured out how the new Double Play feature in 354 actually works ....

1) The buffer re-sets itself at the start of each show. ( Not sure if I like that ... :( )
2) The buffer length reflects the length of the show. That explains why I've seen half-hour buffers, one hour buffers, two hour buffers and up to three hour buffers ... Hmmmm.

MRV bookmarks

Has anyone noticed that the bookmarks and resume feature works remotely now. This was not a feature that was functioning in the x0339 CE on the HR22.

Now I can actually move to another room and resume view without having to remember where the progress tick mark from last view was. I noticed bookmarks carry over from local DVR as well.

Nice upgrade to MRV! I did not find any fault with the new features but one thing I would like to see happen is have the banner and yellow tab screen clear out when play is resumed from a selected bookmark without having to exit the bokmark screen or wait for banner to disappear.

Press pause button then press green button to create a bookmark. A visual "pie wedge" will confirm new bookmark in progress bar at tick mark.

The yellow button can be used to the recall the bookmarks using the "jump to bookmark" option.

The red button can be used to delete a bookmark in the "jump to bookmark" screen.

Another suggestion I would add is the ability to jump to bookmarks in sequence with a single remote click (eg, green button = +1 bookmark; red button = -1 bookmark or previous and next).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)