HR2x and R22 CE Release Weekend of 9/11 v.353 & 354

Well, I just figured out how the new Double Play feature in 354 actually works ....

1) The buffer re-sets itself at the start of each show. ( Not sure if I like that ... :( )
2) The buffer length reflects the length of the show. That explains why I've seen half-hour buffers, one hour buffers, two hour buffers and up to three hour buffers ... Hmmmm.

???

I just checked on a HR23-700, both tuners with DP active had a 90 minute buffer. Tuner 1 had tonights NASCAR race, time bar showed from 6:30 to 10:30 but the buffer would go back only 90 minutes.

On tuner 2 I could go back 90 minutes which covered 4 30 minute shows with the 1st show in the list going back only as far as the 90 minutes buffer would allow.

Well this IS embarassing. I never actually tested how far back I could go. I assumed that the time span that I saw was the time available. Thanks for the clarification rad. I'll check it out .....

Regards,

UB.

MRV does not work properly between an HR20-100 and HR20-700. I can see the shows and when I hit play, it completely locks the unit and screen goes black. Buttons on the unit wont revive it. Red Button is only thing to restart. Did this 4 times. Different shows, same result.

so i d/l the CEs on both my HR20/700 and H21/200 tonight and on my HR20/700 i get no MRV even when i keyword BRINGMRVBACK. got0x353.

Now the weird thing is i have it on my h21/200 and i didnt put the keyword in?

so any idea what gives?

I have one of my HR21-700's that after it reboots on download 0354 goes to the DTV Blue screen with the logo and stays there after it does the guide download. I have reset and re-downloaded several times and it just does the same thing....any ideas? I have never saw this before.

Its like when the guide downloads it gets stuck, the IR or RS232 responses arent showing recieved at all. Thanks

The CE release download worked just fine on my HD-DVR - HR22-100. It downloaded 354. When I try to download for my 2 HD - H21-200s, I get 42EB. Anyone else out there experiencing this problem tonight?

I have one of my HR21-700's that after it reboots on download 0354 goes to the DTV Blue screen with the logo and stays there after it does the guide download. I have reset and re-downloaded several times and it just does the same thing....any ideas? I have never saw this before.

Its like when the guide downloads it gets stuck, the IR or RS232 responses arent showing recieved at all. Thanks

Strange. Have you tried to change the channel as soon as the logo comes up to see if it is just stuck on a channel with the logo? How long are you waiting before reseting? It may need a few minutes to come up.

I have done everything. It gets to the point that once it reaches a 100% on the guide downlaod, just the portion of the screen disappears and stays stuck there and wont respond to anything or any button.

It did this last night to me and I just forced firmware during the day back to what is was and it worked fine. Did the download again tonight and presto same thing over and over. About ready to throw it out the window. I have 7 HR21Pro's, 3 HR21's and this is the only one doing it and this particular reciever has always been the best one overall.

Have you tried unplugging power for 30 minutes, RBR on power-up & reload CE?

Mrv there but not working

Both my hr20-100 were able to download the 353. I enabled with "bringmrvback" the location tab pops up on both but no shows are showing up from the other boxes on the playlist local content only

MRV choppy

MRV is working, but the video is very choppy. Any ideas? Also, is there a way of preventing someone from deleting what is on the other receivers? hr22's & HR21's....i've been waiting for the MRV, and now it's not working right:mad:

I have a HR22-100 (354) and HR20-100 (353). From the HR22 I cannot see anything on the HR20. From the HR20 I can see all the recordings on the HR22. From the HR20, when I try to play a recording on the HR22 I get one of two results:

1) screen goes black and the unit becomes unresponsive and must be reset with red button.
2) i get an error about an invalid client access card.

Both my hr20-100 were able to download the 353. I enabled with "bringmrvback" the location tab pops up on both but no shows are showing up from the other boxes on the playlist local content only

This release doesnt work at all on 20-100's. Maybe they'll actually try it out this week and fix whatever isnt working before releasing next weeks CE.

agree

I agree CFB. I tried to re download last night and same thing. Both machine indicate location but no playlist from far location populates. Only local content

Anyone still have 350 from last weeks CE loaded on an HR20-100? I understand the 'bringmrvback' worked on that release as well, but apparently they picked and chose who to tell about the keyword.

Wondering if it worked on the 20-100 and they broke it this week, or if it hasnt worked at all yet.

MRV is working, but the video is very choppy. Any ideas? Also, is there a way of preventing someone from deleting what is on the other receivers? hr22's & HR21's....i've been waiting for the MRV, and now it's not working right:mad:

That's why it's testing, MRV needs work.

I think you can control the ability to delete or not delete in the Misc Options menu, or the network menu (can't remember) but there is a control for that.

Location menu under system setup has 'share playlist' and 'allow delete from other receivers'.

Looks like they merged in a big hunk of old code. A bunch of old CE bugs that went away have come back. DVR is not populating the to-do list past about a week out, like it did in the CE from a month or two ago. I also saw a problem report where the merged playlist shows the show name and not the episode name in MRV. That was fixed in the CE a long time ago.

So...dont be surprised to see a bunch of old CE bugs reappear.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts