HR2x and R22 CE Release Weekend of 9/11 v.353 & 354

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
HR21-100 with AM21
Skip ahead is going 2 minutes at a time at times. Some remote commands are being ignored. Others are fast. Others are taking 3-5 seconds.

Not getting the NFL preview - getting error 727 when trying to view any of the NFL channels in the 700's. $ in the guide for those channels.
We had people come over only to get the OTA games. :(

MRV is not updating recorded programs between receivers. Programs recorded last night are not showing up on the other receiver's list.

Gameswap is taking 8-10 seconds to go between the 2 channels.

MRV works better for me that it ever has. Only minor blips, much less than before.

did get some skip ahead weirdness on my HR21 AM21 combo too, hit skip 2 or 3 times and found myself30-40 minutes ahead in the recording. didn't think too much of it, thought I might have hit one of the other buttons on the remote. now I'll watch for it.

skip to end

IMO, the incidental skip to end while only trying to skip commercial break occurs most often when recording long events. I was dismayed to find that the US Open Semi-Final match skipped from end of first set to conclusion of match with, of coarse, the score staring me in the face as I was trying to determine if I had skipped far enough through commercial break!

What's the point of delaying an event to watch minus commercials on my time when my DVR flashes me the final score? I'm guessing Directv reads this and says LOL, watch it live and that won't happen!

Directv, my HR22-100's have done this with every CE and NR loaded to date. Can't remember which CE it was but there was one CE d/l that did it far less frequently. HDD's are the original factory internal drives using original remote in RF mode with 30skip k/w search enabled.

I've seen the Guide and List slow to appear after calling them up with remote. Not too slow but often wonder if I pressed the key correctly and then wonder if I should wait or press it again? It would be nice if a little pop-up hourglass or circular winding dial would appear if a remote prompt took longer than 2 seconds to respond correctly. While I am aware that the power LED will flash, I'm usually looking at the TV screen when looking for remote response. Another suggestion would have the power LED or the big blue dotted eye blinking until remote sequence has concluded. However, if that would slow or hinder performance further, never mind the effort.

I have two hr21-100's and MRV is working better for me than ever before. recodings from other recvrs show instantly the skip and ff work better than before but have noticed a few bugs with it. like when ff it does not jump bact that 5 sec when hitting play as it does on a local recording. other than that it no issues fro me. I was recording things on all 4 tuners between both boxes and could watch any of the 4 recodings whnile they were happening.

2 HR22-110's

MRV is enabled on both

I keep on getting the access card error.

Any ideas?

I'm thinking that you already tried the keyword search " bringmrvback " and you still cannot get MRV to stream.

Sometimes a " repeat network setup " followed by " network services " will fix the "UNABLE TO ACCESS MEDIA" error but the access card error is new to me.

A suggestion I have is to check playback on both HR22's with directv2pc if possible. When I have a MRV server that needs to be rebooted, I'll usually confirm which one needs reboot by trying directv2pc playback.

If all else fails, check your STB port setup on the " More INFO" in setup. A conflict where both DVRs are trying to use the same STB port may be causing MRV playback problems (eg, both DVRs trying to setup with STB port services 27161). I try to keep them set the same but in previous CE's, the ports would try to swap or trade ports used and trying to force them back to my default would only cause network services to fail repeatedly. So I've tried to avoid these conflicts by only rebooting or downloading one DVR at a time because all this should be done automatically during reboot.

Some say the network services are no longer useful but if the connection test passes, there should be no problem with MRV playback (with the exception of HR20-100 on current CE). I believe the massage that states network services started but connection test failed still means that the DVRs are connecting on valid STB ports.

I've also found this procedure helps when losing audio on HD playback only (meaning audio is OK with SD playback only; I used directv2pc playback to find which DVR lost the audio on HD playback). Troubleshooting this way also helps when the other DVR is being used or in the bedroom where others are sleep.

Sometimes a simple " System Test " on the problem DVR will get MRV going but I've also found that while this appears to work, the UPL has stopped updating and a restart is required.

Since I have not seen this problem, I posted what I would try if I seen that problem. If someone has found a solution, please post it.

Good luck!

I don't have one box acting up.

Both of them give me the same error.

Both HR20-100 and HR20-700 wont do MRV for me. And whats weird, I had it working perfectly before they took it away. Maybe they could have improved the fast forward response when going back to play but I was ready to sign off on production ready right before they yanked it.

HR23-700

Things are working great. Only have the one box, so MRV useless for me.

Remote responsiveness is DRAMATICALLY improved. Huge increase in speed! My wife even commented on this, and she doesn't know anything about the CE...

Some weird audio clips when I first start watching after a channel change, but not sure if that is CE software related, but its for sure a D* issue, as it only happens when watching tv, not games or movies...

Notes were updated by DBSTalk sometime after their original posting, after 10pm, to indicate the return of MRV. Today I have updated our initial note post with this information, and how you can enable MRV with this release.

Here are our thoughts on this childish activity:
Editorial comment: Labeling notes as "something cool" at 10pm, or leaving it out entirely before that is simply childish. DirecTV has indicated this is how they want to run the CE program, providing advanced information to a couple guys at one site, DBStalk, who then dicepher and release the information as they see fit. It is simply childish and we believe that a company the size of DirecTV needs to wake up, eliminate these games, provide the information to ALL THEIR CUSTOMERS that want to participate, regardless of site participation, and eliminate individual efforts to control distribution of key information when it comes to release notes.

Satelliteguys always provided the notes and information as EXACTLY what DirecTV sent, providing the best possible accuracy. One would think that DirecTV would appreciate that effort, and question other sites efforts to release information as one person, unaffiliated with DirecTV, sees fit.
I'm tired of the games being played myself, and I'd like to start my own site strictly for CE discussion and reporting. Who do I contact at DIRECTV to ensure they deliver the release notes to my new site, once I get it running?

DIRECTV clearly doesn't want to work with this site, so I say we should all open our own sites and get the notes independently, this way they have to work with us, right? Let's go team! :up

Same access card error on MRV Report# 20090915-208B

HR21-700 cant access either one of my HR20-700 play list programs. Sent report 20090915-208B. My HR20-700 can access the other HR20-700 programs. Reset the HR21-700 and it works. After a couple of days, the problem returns, but only on the HR21-700.

Report 20090916-231B

Not adding upcoming series episodes to the To Do list.

This problem also existed in CE Release v.0335 and was fixed with CE Release v.033f

Reverting to NR for now, can't chance series manager problems with all of the upcoming series premiers.

Last edited:
Both of my HR21-100's are also missing recordings that are series recordings. In the history it says it "was canceled because of an unexpected error. (3/0/)"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)