HR2x / H21-H25 Software Release 1/27/12 v. 059C / 459C

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
Receivers included in this release:
HR20-700 • HR20-100
HR21-100 • HR21-200 • HR21-700 • HR21Pro
HR22-100 • HR23-700
HR24-100 • HR24-200 • HR24-500
R22-200 • R22-100
H21-100 • H21-200 • H23-600
H24-100 • H24-200 • H24-700
H25-100 • H25-500 • H25-700

Staggered Release started: 01/27/2012

0x459C - H21/23
0x059C - All other receivers listed above

The Contents of this Release: (Differences based on previous national releases)

New features
Pandora (internet connected receivers only)
Energy Star Optimizations

Updated
User Interface Improvements
Progress Bar Background
Under the hood

A few side notes to this release:

It will be a staggered release, can takes weeks to months before it is rolled out nation wide.

Minor changes:
Adds back the 2 second banner display time option
Disables trick-play (fast forward, rewind, skip, etc) on the picture-in-guide screen.
Smaller backgound on the time banner, no longer blocks 1/4 the picture.

I just got hit with the latest download a few days ago and I hate it. I used to be able to watch a show (live or recorded) while looking at the guide or my recorded list and pause or FF or RW at will. It was a great basic feature that I used all the time. Now if I'm in the guide, pause no longer works and hitting FF causes the guide to skip foward 12hrs as tough I had hit the green guide button. And if I'm on my recorded list pressing the pause button now causes the highlighted recording to play and kicks me off the record list and out of what I was watching; the FF and RW no longer do anything. This latest download really screwed up the way I used my Direct TV set up. I hate this current set up. I assume this is a result of disabling 'trick-play.' Is there any way to restore the old settings?

I just got hit with the latest download a few days ago and I hate it. I used to be able to watch a show (live or recorded) while looking at the guide or my recorded list and pause or FF or RW at will. It was a great basic feature that I used all the time. Now if I'm in the guide, pause no longer works and hitting FF causes the guide to skip foward 12hrs as tough I had hit the green guide button. And if I'm on my recorded list pressing the pause button now causes the highlighted recording to play and kicks me off the record list and out of what I was watching; the FF and RW no longer do anything. This latest download really screwed up the way I used my Direct TV set up. I hate this current set up. I assume this is a result of disabling 'trick-play.' Is there any way to restore the old settings?

This happened awhile back, when they new Gui came out.
So far no way to move it back to the old way.

I got the new guide awhile back but it wasn't until the last download that I lost the ability to 'trick play.' It seems totally nuts to disable such an important feature as part of an 'improvement.' Does Dish TV allow trick play? My Direct TV contract expires this summer and this feature is important enough to me to look at switching over.

My H25 says it has 059D... I don't see that anywhere in the forum?

If it has Pandora... I can't find it in the menu??

Above, when it says Internet connected.. is that the H25 itself.. or can that connection be thru the HMC its connected to?

thanks,
Mike

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)