HR2x / H21-H25 Software Release 11/1/11 v. 057B & 047B

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hmmmm

Now after it rebooted itself...........I now see an ERROR pop up (an hour later) saying........You're receiver has not received guide information is the last hour, please contact cust serv.

Hmmmm Now after it rebooted itself...........I now see an ERROR pop up (an hour later) saying........You're receiver has not received guide information is the last hour, please contact cust serv.
i got that error, once it not big deal unless keep poping up

It is a staggered release.

You can force a download as many times as you want, regardless of the time you do it, you will not get the new software until DirecTV authorizes your account for it.

The exception is during the CE times which are Friday/Saturday nights, 11pm-2am ET.

You can force a download as many times as you want, regardless of the time you do it, you will not get the new software until DirecTV authorizes your account for it.

The exception is during the CE times which are Friday/Saturday nights, 11pm-2am ET.

I'm amazed on how many posters don't know what they are talking about. You can force a download to a new release (not a CE release) during certain windows. I forced a download to 0575 at 3:24 a.m. Eastern time Nov. 3.

You can force a download to a new release (not a CE release) during certain windows. I forced a download to 0575 at 3:24 a.m. Eastern time Nov. 3.

Last edited:
Just curious...

I did my first ever CE download last week so I could see the new HD GUI (which is really nice, even if it doesn't add a ton of new functionality).

Does a national rollout like this overwrite a CE? I have 0x575 on both of my HR24s right now.

Thanks

You can force a download to a new release (not a CE release) during certain windows. I forced a download to 0575 at 3:24 a.m. Eastern time Nov. 3.

I guess I can wait. I'm not staying up until 2AM Central just to download the "national" version of a GUI that I have had in CE for over a month now :)

Just curious...

I did my first ever CE download last week so I could see the new HD GUI (which is really nice, even if it doesn't add a ton of new functionality).

Does a national rollout like this overwrite a CE? I have 0x575 on both of my HR24s right now.

Thanks

it might...but thats a good question. This is the 1st time I've had the CE on my receiver for more than a day (because the old CE's sucked)...the new HD GUI I really like. Easier to read

I'm amazed on how many posters don't know what they are talking about. You can force a download to a new release (not a CE release) during certain windows. I forced a download to 0575 at 3:24 a.m. Eastern time Nov. 3.

Sorry to pop your bubble there, but Jason know fully well how all this works ...
You did not FORCE 0575 to your recvr at 3:24am est.
IF you got it, you got the staggered roll out.

Guys, you don't have to FORCE ANY download, unless it's a CE, all other software updates will be sent when D* says so, regardless of how many times you try.

They roll thru the Cam ID's I would imagine (by Time zones I would guess.)

As for the new one coming out your waiting for, yes it will write over the current CE, however theres a new CE coming almost every week.

Jimbo said:
Sorry to pop your bubble there, but Jason know fully well how all this works ...
You did not FORCE 0575 to your recvr at 3:24am est.
IF you got it, you got the staggered roll out.

What do you mean I didn't force the download? I was up, checked the firmware site and noticed 0575 just showed in the stream, and did a forced upgrade. Sorry to burst your bubble, champ.

The old software disappeared from the stream. Are you saying software can't be downloaded at all if you are not on the list and force a download. Are you just out of luck for 2-3 hours until the old software comes back in the stream?

What do you mean I didn't force the download? I was up, checked the firmware site and noticed 0575 just showed in the stream, and did a forced upgrade. Sorry to burst your bubble, champ.

The old software disappeared from the stream. Are you saying software can't be downloaded at all if you are not on the list and force a download. Are you just out of luck for 2-3 hours until the old software comes back in the stream?

Wait a minute, your talking about the one earlier in the week ?

That wasn't a CE download, that was what will be coming to you as a National Release.

The CE stuff comes only Friday and Saturday from 11pm to 2 am, unless they make a special one, which they use to do, we have had them on Tuesdays before as well.

The CE will happen tonight.

You got 575, I will continue doing the CE's and get the new download tonight.
I too have the 575 at the moment, tonight it will go to something different.

You don't have to be on anybodies list, it's just a case of being aware of what your doing with the CE software ...
If you have issues, you Don't Call D*, because they don't have any idea whats going on. (outside of D*'s CE test team).

As for telling Jason how it's done ?
Jason is one of the main guys here for the CE team on the site, he gets info before we do, so I'm pretty sure he knows whats going on and how to use it.

Yup, tonight, like I've been saying is a CE release.
Friday and Saturday in most cases .

finally i was able to download the new guide :) thankz everybody for the info!! because i am a greenhorn!!the new UI is cool

Why another CE last night if it is already being rolled out. That suggest that it might not be rolling out. The CE notes said "Customer Candidate".

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)