HR2x / H21-H25 Software Release 11/1/11 v. 057B & 047B

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It is likely that your seeing that software in the stream because it's in the process of sent out nationally, across the country.

Great, except almost nobody knows when such and such software is IN the datastream.

If you don't have any idea what the particular software is going to do, are you going to just up and download it ?

If you read the follow up post where I gave the site, you'll see that you most certainly can know at any given moment exactly WHAT software is in the stream for any given receiver. As for knowing what a particular software does, it isn't that hard to figure out... It's not like they are going to throw out software on the stream for a given receiver that's going to break said receiver.

Sure you're doing it at your own risk obviously... But most people doing such things are well versed in the risks.

If you read the follow up post where I gave the site, you'll see that you most certainly can know at any given moment exactly WHAT software is in the stream for any given receiver. As for knowing what a particular software does, it isn't that hard to figure out... It's not like they are going to throw out software on the stream for a given receiver that's going to break said receiver.

Sure you're doing it at your own risk obviously... But most people doing such things are well versed in the risks.

Actually, you might be surprised to see how many have NO IDEA what they are getting into, when there is talk of something others might like coming via Beta, there are plenty of people that have no clue, nor do they take the time to read and understand before d/ling, and YES it is possible to make a recvr inoperable.

Doesn't happen often, but DOES happen from time to time.
Fwiw, you are NOT suppose to call D* IF you have trouble with a Beta software, were you aware of that ?

So, if I'm reading that page right, you can't tell what is coming up, only whats streaming at the current time and previous.

So, if I'm reading that page right, you can't tell what is coming up, only whats streaming at the current time and previous.

Correct, but weekends excluded (because of the CE stuff) it generally follows pretty similar patterns... So if you look at what time a particular firmware was last available, generally that same window will be used for it next time it's on the stream.

Forced it lastnight, took a guess at 3:30am (est) that it might be in the stream for the night for scheduled recievers. Forced a d/l and there it was. Both my recievers (HR24-100 and H24-200) got it lastnight no glitches, and blazing fast so far. Only thing that it lost was my on demand which is currently reloading. Let youns know if I encounter any problems or slowdowns but so far all is well....

I record a lot of programs to a DVD recorder. I understand that the DVR will have to be set to output 4801 only or else I won't be able to see the list through an SD connection. What I'm wondering is if I set the DVR to output 480i and watch an HD program on it from an HD receiver through whole home set at 1080i will the picture be HD or SD? Pretty sure it would be SD but I'm trying to think of a work around.

looks like 057B is rolling out to many now, they are finally speeding up the HD UI rollout.

looks like 057B is rolling out to many now, they are finally speeding up the HD UI rollout.

Jason when is this going to be rolled out and is it automatic like an overnight or will we have to do it? ty for help and appreciate it :)

Last edited:
The first releases were CE releases. DirecTV employees and those in Las Vegas got the "National Release" in November. There were a couple of NR versions before this week's release to certain markets.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)