HR2x / H21-H25 Software Release 11/1/11 v. 057B & 047B

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Why another CE last night if it is already being rolled out. That suggest that it might not be rolling out. The CE notes said "Customer Candidate".

That's what I'm thinking too because nobody has reported getting this update, well besides the forced download for the CE.

I assume customer candidates are the lowest risk CEs, right? That the last CC CE probably went OK, then the rollout had a few issues and they pulled back and did 0576 to clean them up? Then they'll start rolling out again if the CE folks think it is running ok?

Bonneville44 said:
I assume customer candidates are the lowest risk CEs, right? That the last CC CE probably went OK, then the rollout had a few issues and they pulled back and did 0576 to clean them up? Then they'll start rolling out again if the CE folks think it is running ok?

Yep.

Sounds like a possibility.

Once the new GUI is rolled out, will it be added to newly added receivers in a timely manner? I am interested in upgrading my two R-15 units to R-22 units but won't be in a position to do so for a couple of months. I hear that the new GUi will correct the slowness of the R-22 unit so that would be a factor in upgrading.

TIA

. I hear that the new GUi will correct the slowness of the R-22 unit so that would be a factor in upgrading.

TIA

having 2 of the R22's I can see the difference between the one that has the HD GUI and the one that doesn't. The HD GUI is very fast on the R22

Rolling out in the Vegas DMA only and people are reporting problems with it not being able to output the HD and SD guides without changing the format on the front of the box. Some people using Component cables are experiencing it as well. All of the CE people here had none of this happen so I hope it's an easy fix.

Sorry to pop your bubble there, but Jason know fully well how all this works ...
You did not FORCE 0575 to your recvr at 3:24am est.
IF you got it, you got the staggered roll out.

Not to be argumentative here, but I'll have to disagree. I wanted the new 0x575 (HD guide) firmware. I was GOING to utilize the CE window, but they didn't do a CE for the HR24's this weekend. Instead I monitored the stream and waited for 0x576 to become available on the stream... That happened to be about 6:30am this morning (Monday 11/14/11). Once I saw it was on the stream I simply went to my receivers and did a force update. Each of them grabbed the version that was on the stream (0x576) and installed it... All of my receivers are now running 0x576.

If it was truly a "CE" only release, meaning it was NEVER on the stream except for the CE window, then what you are saying would be true... But SINCE they are rolling it out to some, it HAS to go on the stream at certain times... As long as you do an upgrade when it's on the stream, and you force an update while it is, then you'll get whatever version is there... No different than if I wanted 0x4DB, 0x4DC, or 0x8000... whatever is on the stream when you do the update is what you'll get.

Not to be argumentative here, but I'll have to disagree. I wanted the new 0x575 (HD guide) firmware. I was GOING to utilize the CE window, but they didn't do a CE for the HR24's this weekend. Instead I monitored the stream and waited for 0x576 to become available on the stream... That happened to be about 6:30am this morning (Monday 11/14/11). Once I saw it was on the stream I simply went to my receivers and did a force update. Each of them grabbed the version that was on the stream (0x576) and installed it... All of my receivers are now running 0x576.

If it was truly a "CE" only release, meaning it was NEVER on the stream except for the CE window, then what you are saying would be true... But SINCE they are rolling it out to some, it HAS to go on the stream at certain times... As long as you do an upgrade when it's on the stream, and you force an update while it is, then you'll get whatever version is there... No different than if I wanted 0x4DB, 0x4DC, or 0x8000... whatever is on the stream when you do the update is what you'll get.

So, how do you monitor the stream to be able to tell what's there?

Just check that site in the middle of the night if you really want the new HD GUI. I reverted to 04D1 on Sunday because I was hahaving issues with TVApps (the downgrade didn't fix the issue). I missed the opportunity on Monday morning, but forced my HR24-100 to 0576 just after 6 a.m. this morning.

who validates that site is 110% on-time and accurate at each moment?

I agree. If you scroll down to the bottom of that site it says.

This site is not affiliated with DIRECTV, Inc.
The information presented here is intended for informational purposes only and is not guaranteed to be accurate in any way. Any use of this data is done at your own risk.

Like it says At Your Own Risk.

Great, except almost nobody knows when such and such software is IN the datastream.

If you don't have any idea what the particular software is going to do, are you going to just up and download it ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)