HR20 HR21 HR22 R22 HR23 HR24 H24

Staggered release began 8/11/10.

New features
Graphics for programs in the playlist and guide
DirecTV Cinema enhancements
HD PPV no longer requires the HD Package
Output resolution is no longer limited to 480 when HD Package is not purchased
Smart Search now gives Top Matches

This release primarily improves search results (much better) and adds a poster type picture to the info screen on the List, Guide, and Information for most shows, movies, etc.

Graphics for programs in the playlist and guide
Am I missing something on this "feature"? I have the new update, but don't see "graphics" until I actually press INFO on a title in the Guide or Playlist, so wouldn't it be more accurate to say "Graphics for programs on the Extended Info Screen"? There are no graphics displayed when a program is simply highlighted in the Guide or Playlist - the screen simply doesn't even have room for an image!

The graphics show up after the receiver has had a while to download them. Mine took a couple of days. They show up in the guide where the Directv logo is in the top left corner.

I wish they would expand the Series Scheduler to more than 50. When you watch shows that run about 10 episodes on variety of channels it fills up quickly.

I still didn't get mine yet.

I'd like to see a new GUI.

But thats not in the works is it Stone?

Sometimes the staggered roll outs can take a few weeks and usually start on the west coast first. I like this strategy because if there are major issues with new software, the entire user base isn't affected. In that past there has been roll outs that were halted because the initial users who got the release had major issues.

As far as a new GUI goes, D* did say in their last financial call that a redesigned UI was coming next year. They also claimed they would make channel changes faster next year too. However, with the HR24, they've already done that. Now if they can help the other HR2x boxes, then that would be something new.

Sometimes the staggered roll outs can take a few weeks and usually start on the west coast first. I like this strategy because if there are major issues with new software, the entire user base isn't affected. In that past there has been roll outs that were halted because the initial users who got the release had major issues.

As far as a new GUI goes, D* did say in their last financial call that a redesigned UI was coming next year. They also claimed they would make channel changes faster next year too. However, with the HR24, they've already done that. Now if they can help the other HR2x boxes, then that would be something new.
I'm on the west coast and I did not get it yet either.

I have 5 receivers included for this release only the HR24-100 got it. I see the graphics for the programs in the guide, not all of them but most of them.

From what I heard, the HR20 version is delayed several weeks due to some late bugs, and there are some users having some potentially serious problems with the release not recognizing the differences between first-run and repeats, especially with autorecords and boolean wishlists.

Since I live in california, I usually get the new software within a day or two of its release. I havent seen it yet, but I have a pair of HR20's.

You might see a new gui eventually but I dont think an HD gui is even possible on the hr20/21/22/23. The 24 might be able to do it, I havent seen the new chip sets specs. The broadcoms can only decode one HD and one SD stream or two SD streams, it cant do display of two HD streams. Since directv is decoding a stream already to do the 'picture in guide' or 'picture in list' or 'picture in menu' stuff, they have to accommodate that if its an HD picture. Which leaves an SD stream leftover to do the menu overlays.

Be nice to see what else is in the release and the current CE's. About all they've sent out for the last couple of CE series has been little more than 'under the hood' with the explanation that they dont want the competition to see what they're doing. The release notes for this NR are also pretty sparse.

The graphics show up after the receiver has had a while to download them. Mine took a couple of days. They show up in the guide where the Directv logo is in the top left corner.
Thanks, I saw them last night for the first time, about 48 hours after the download.

Is it a bug that the graphic doesn't display when you highlight a folder/group? You have to expand the folder to highlight an individual title, and only then will the image display. I like the idea of the image showing in the Playlist, but it really should be consistent and ALWAYS display, even when a folder is highlighted.

I think this release does more but I have to check my notes.

I got it this morning.
Have a 1080p (free program) pending download. I do not have the Internet connected. Wondering if this software has what you posted in the pub??

Yes, but the picture only shows once you get "into" the list of the show.
So for example, I record FlashPoint. When I highlight FlashPoint, the D* logo is still there, but when I go into the selection of different episodes, THEN it shows.

Ugh.. I do not like this update. It broke Media Share audio sync. After about 15-20 seconds the audio will jump ahead and then the video will start getting all jumbled. One of the CEs did this and rolling back to a National release fixed it. Now it's back with 040D. I want the old release back! :rant:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts