HR2X needed

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mike6097

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 12, 2005
I am looking to add another HD DVR to my account. I have 2 standard def Tivos, 2 HD Tivos. I do not need install, it will just be replacing a SD Tivo.

Anyone had any recent luck getting free upgrade from D*?

Thanks, Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Some people have, you'll just have to call and try. Probably have better luck if you tell them you're replacing the HD Tivos.

What kind of dish do you have? If you only have a phase III dish you won't get any HD on the new receivers.

Just call them to upgrade your Dish and HD Tivos...should be free... when the tech gets there hand him the SD tivos to turn in.. no biggie. Not sure why you want to keep your HD Tivos as they will be SD Tivos very soon, I would keep the SD ones TBH.

As far as Install if you dont have a KA/KU dish they will send a tech.

Zynergi the HR10-250 has a larger hard drive so even as a SD TiVo it can record more programming and it has an ATSC tuner that the SD TiVos don't have.

My active receivers are 2 HD DVRS and 1 SD Tivo. I had my 2 HD Tivos upgraded about 15 months ago and D* actually gave me the 2 HD DVRs for free upgrade (with 2 year commit of course, no big deal) I am now looking to add a 3rd HD DVR. I still have my 2 old HD Tivos that have been disconnected for some time and 1 old SD Tivo that has also been disconnected. It would be great to find someone who would like to trade some equipment for an HD DVR. I just hate to pay 200.00 and 2 year commit just to lease.

I know I could go the ebay route, I have resisted that to this point.

Mike

What model numbers do you actually have active? In the first post you said HD TIVOS, in the last you said HD DVRs. Do you already have HR series DVRs?

My active receivers are 2 HD DVRS and 1 SD Tivo. I had my 2 HD Tivos upgraded about 15 months ago and D* actually gave me the 2 HD DVRs for free upgrade (with 2 year commit of course, no big deal) I am now looking to add a 3rd HD DVR. I still have my 2 old HD Tivos that have been disconnected for some time and 1 old SD Tivo that has also been disconnected. It would be great to find someone who would like to trade some equipment for an HD DVR. I just hate to pay 200.00 and 2 year commit just to lease.

I know I could go the ebay route, I have resisted that to this point.

Mike

Regardless, once you activate the rec, your commitment kicks in, doesn't matter where you got it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)