HR2x / R22 CE Release 0X02DF 2/27

Yes the HR22 is included... It took like 1 min and 30sec for it to locate 02DF on mine, but did download.. Also took A LONG (longer than usual) time stuck on 90%.. but it eventually got it.

I experienced the same issue. My HR22-100 downloaded the latest CE, but it took a while to find it.

I'm noticing crackling/popping in audio as I switch channels. When I change to a new channel, there is a very short delay bringing up the picture, but while it's bringing up the video, the audio is making this crackling/popping noise.

Using an HR22-100 with this new CE.

Are you using HDMI direct to a TV? If so try turning off the off dolby digital audio.

Already tried that with no success. I am using an HDMI connection, and I turned off the Dolby Audio. I'm figuring it has something to do with that, as it's a noise that sounds as though it's trying to change/set audio formats.

I lost all scheduled series recordings on the HR20-100. Also had a weird problem with no signal through HDMI this morning. The red reset button solved it.

Last edited:
I'm noticing crackling/popping in audio as I switch channels. When I change to a new channel, there is a very short delay bringing up the picture, but while it's bringing up the video, the audio is making this crackling/popping noise.

Using an HR22-100 with this new CE.
You are not the only one DBSTalk.Com

HR21-100 with AM21

Report 20090303-48C0

I took the download on Friday night. GUI was really fast for the first day or so. Then it started slowing down. It was very slow last night when I was recording 2 shows at the same time. Scrolling through my TO-DO list and VOD listings is very slow. I'm going to try a reboot this evening before using it and see if the speed improves. I'm getting the popping sound people are talking about when fast forwarding and then playing a program.

Last edited:
HR21-100 with AM21

I took the download on Friday night. GUI was really fast for the first day or so. Then it started slowing down. It was very slow last night when I was recording 2 shows at the same time. Scrolling through my TO-DO list and VOD listings is very slow. I'm going to try a reboot this evening before using it and see if the speed improves. I'm getting the popping sound people are talking about when fast forwarding and then playing a program.

Mine has been slowing down too. I was real happy with the speed at first. I wonder if the guide data or the OnDemand stuff cause it to be slow once everything downloads?

I haven't noticed any slowdowns.

If you are, can you send a report in and post the number, that will help them identify it.

My set up has gotten better, it's normally a bit slow the night of the d/l then the next morning it is better ... so far mine is working quickly as far as the guide and channel changing.
At least as well as expected, quicker than some times I have seen in the past... some have been really slow in the past, this one is about where I expect it.

Jimbo

I haven't noticed any slowdowns.

If you are, can you send a report in and post the number, that will help them identify it.

Maybe it was just my imagination. It seems to be still pretty robust,but not as robust as it was Sunday. I am still pretty happy with it. It is way better than it was before.

Mine has been slowing down too. I was real happy with the speed at first. I wonder if the guide data or the OnDemand stuff cause it to be slow once everything downloads?

What make and model do you have? It's really important to include that.
Did you send a report?
I updated my post from yesterday with a report sent today.

I've read that this is the first merging of code for this phase between the the non-100 receivers and the -100 receivers. And that the non-100 are running really fast, while the -100 are still a little slow in comparison. Hopefully they will keep twaeking the code for the -100 receivers so that the gui can be close to the same speed of the non-100 receivers.

What make and model do you have? It's really important to include that.
Did you send a report?
I updated my post from yesterday with a report sent today.

I've read that this is the first merging of code for this phase between the the non-100 receivers and the -100 receivers. And that the non-100 are running really fast, while the -100 are still a little slow in comparison. Hopefully they will keep twaeking the code for the -100 receivers so that the gui can be close to the same speed of the non-100 receivers.

I have a HR20-100. I will send a report when I get home and post.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)