MRV on HR22s

dancrouse

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 27, 2009
Kennesaw, GA
Is the MRV available on the HR22? I downloaded last night's CE release 0x2df on all four of my HR22s. I unlocked the Miscellaneous Options menu and turned Multi-room DVR to ON on each unit. I also ensured that each unit is still connected to my network by pinging each device. However, when I press the "list" button, I can only see the shows recorded on that DVR. Am I missing something?

Currently the HR2X's can only act as a MRV server, not a client. The only client boxes are the H21 and H23 non-DVR boxes, the rumor mill says the HR2X's should get the client part 'soon'.

Currently the HR2X's can only act as a MRV server, not a client. The only client boxes are the H21 and H23 non-DVR boxes, the rumor mill says the HR2X's should get the client part 'soon'.

Ok ... that explains why they has an option to turn MRV "on". I will keep an eye out for future CE releases. Thanks. I like "soon". Can you tell me if you think it is days, weeks, or months?

Last edited:
Soon TM lol, to all warcraft players, and to those that arnt,

Soon - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft

Soon Copyright 2004-2009 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Blizzard Entertainment and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Blizzard does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Blizzard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."

Soon as in weeks, or low number months. Per the investor calls, MRV is expected to rollout as a standard feature in 2009. Thus, we'll be testing it "soon".

expected you say.... wasnt the dtv media center expected quite sometime ago? (just trying to add humor, not rebutt you lol)

That was rumored the same time the HR20's were demo'd, they concentrated on the HD DVR and we haven't heard much about the other since.

Jimbo

Soon TM lol, to all warcraft players, and to those that arnt,

Soon - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft

Soon Copyright 2004-2009 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Blizzard Entertainment and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Blizzard does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Blizzard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."

Then there's the SONY answer ....
Soon
Only
Not
Yet

:D

HOT DAMN IM HONORED :D something i posted becomes a signature, it would be cooler if you ended that with "as per the twizt3dkitty" tho :p

Grrr Ive updated my sig in my user cp, but its not showing live :(

Scratch that, its showing up randomly now lol.

Last edited:
Soon as in weeks, or low number months. Per the investor calls, MRV is expected to rollout as a standard feature in 2009. Thus, we'll be testing it "soon".

To get back to your origional post, that is some awesome and horrible news all at once, its awesome because alot of people would love this, but horrible because now techs are gonna have to install home plug devices all over, or even worse d* would require us to run cat cable :O

To get back to your origional post, that is some awesome and horrible news all at once, its awesome because alot of people would love this, but horrible because now techs are gonna have to install home plug devices all over, or even worse d* would require us to run cat cable :O

Those things aren't the tech's duty. Direct sells a wireless adapter for $79 that would be the best bet for many people, and the software is now setup to accept key info (password) etc for the wireless network.

I don't see the day that techs are running cat5 or direct is telling customers to do it. For people like me, however, it is preferable to allow that to work, as I've wired the whole house for it.

Remember that features like MRV will only be used by a few customers. How many people have more than one HR2x, or a HR2x and H21+ and a home network.

Those things aren't the tech's duty. Direct sells a wireless adapter for $79 that would be the best bet for many people, and the software is now setup to accept key info (password) etc for the wireless network.

I don't see the day that techs are running cat5 or direct is telling customers to do it. For people like me, however, it is preferable to allow that to work, as I've wired the whole house for it.

Remember that features like MRV will only be used by a few customers. How many people have more than one HR2x, or a HR2x and H21+ and a home network.

Ok ill agree with that, but at the same time did you ever think you would be required to run a phoneline to the nid if the room didnt have it? I just see customers complaining to me about it lol. Ive talked to some people that were using on demand and just said "its coming" and they were like oh cool, but yea...

Jason, I think you underestimate what the demand might be for MRV. With the telco's (FIOS and U-Verse) doing big advertising that shows MRV people are going to be wanting it on D*. And the bueaty of the powerline adapters is that even if the person doesn't have a home network they'd still be able to use MRV with a plug and play solution.

Jason, I think you underestimate what the demand might be for MRV. With the telco's (FIOS and U-Verse) doing big advertising that shows MRV people are going to be wanting it on D*. And the bueaty of the powerline adapters is that even if the person doesn't have a home network they'd still be able to use MRV with a plug and play solution.

I totally have to agree with you there Rad!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)