MRV on HR22s

When all the testing is done, will you still need a h21/23 to act as a client, or will the DVRs be able to act as one?

When all the testing is done, will you still need a h21/23 to act as a client, or will the DVRs be able to act as one?

Nothing has offically been said but the rumor mill says the HR2X's will be seeing a MRV client piece added. IMHO they had to do the non-DVR boxes 1st so that AT&T would be able to offer a MRV option on the DirecTV bundle like they do with their U-Verse product.

Nothing has offically been said but the rumor mill says the HR2X's will be seeing a MRV client piece added. IMHO they had to do the non-DVR boxes 1st so that AT&T would be able to offer a MRV option on the DirecTV bundle like they do with their U-Verse product.

Thanks, I might have to go to BB and get a R22 to replace my R15.

Thanks, I might have to go to BB and get a R22 to replace my R15.
If you can afford it I'd say go with the HR22 (or HR23 if they have it) so you can tune in the HD versions of channels, the PQ improvement on a SD set is worth it IMHO.

Jason, I think you underestimate what the demand might be for MRV. With the telco's (FIOS and U-Verse) doing big advertising that shows MRV people are going to be wanting it on D*. And the bueaty of the powerline adapters is that even if the person doesn't have a home network they'd still be able to use MRV with a plug and play solution.

A better word than "a few customers" would have been a minority.

There are still 50% that have nothing but only SD receivers, no DVR or HD.

Of the "advanced receivers" many are just basic SD DVRs.

I want MRV, it's a big win when it is done right, and I'm sure that long term it will drive new customers, upgrades, and retention. That's why it is something big enough that Carey has talked about it on the earnings calls.

I am hoping that MRV will lead to a dvr server of sorts with 4 or 6 tuners and clients hooked to the tv's that you can add recordings from.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)