HR2x / R22 CE Release 1/23

What exactly "feels laggy"?

My HR20 is solid even with this version of CE. EPG and menus snap through just fine and no tuner issues. During media share the menu slows a bit but likely due to having to retreive a TON of file info to display. Upon initial restart after download & install the audio was very low. I turned off the receiver and back on and it was back to normal.
The menus are sometimes laggy.

Caller ID

Caller ID on my HR22-100 still does not work. Just get "unavailable" notice on all incoming calls. Has been this way since it came out of the box. It did work once on last weeks CE but then reverted to "unavailable" on how calls after the first one. Other than that everything else works like it should.

Caller ID on my HR22-100 still does not work. Just get "unavailable" notice on all incoming calls. Has been this way since it came out of the box. It did work once on last weeks CE but then reverted to "unavailable" on how calls after the first one. Other than that everything else works like it should.

My R22-100 has the same issues with Caller ID. The notification doesn't work at all, and the log just says Unavailable. My Caller ID has never worked correct since day one.

Also, the Menu & Guide sometimes lag, but it's not all the time, just once and a while.

my hr22 menus are ok, but you'd figure they'd have the speed down by now. Many times I push a button, see the light on the dvr blink, and it just sits there or moves a few moments later. While not the end of world, it's a little annoying they have not completely fixed the issue.

I know someone has stated the number of prioritizer items can do this (I have 29) but I dunno about that. This ce, and my hr22 are working quite well though.

HR21-100 with AM21

A couple of my timers vanished and scrolling through my "to-do list" is VERY slow. A couple of my "favorite" channels vanished as well. Scrolling through the guide and My Playlist has the usual 3-10 second remote command delays. The delays are more if I'm watching an HD program and/or recording HD content. It sometimes just ignores a remote command all together. Playback of videos seems to studder more now using Mediashare with TVersity.

HR21-100 with AM21

A couple of my timers vanished and scrolling through my "to-do list" is VERY slow. A couple of my "favorite" channels vanished as well. Scrolling through the guide and My Playlist has the usual 3-10 second remote command delays. The delays are more if I'm watching an HD program and/or recording HD content. It sometimes just ignores a remote command all together. Playback of videos seems to studder more now using Mediashare with TVersity.
My HR20 has tolerable speed but my HR21 is still SLOWWWW

Same here.. slow. We need Tivo now. This subject is getting old.

It sure is. My GUI is slow. Pretty much the responsiveness is slow for almost everything. It seems to me that lately Directv isn't even trying. :mad:

While recording two ota programs and moving thru the guide and recordings area tonight my hr22 was hanging on screens. You'd figure they'd have this down after 2.5 years.

Will not play recorded program

I do not know if this is related to the current CE release.

I have three programs that recorded for one hour. When I go to play them the system goes to the screen "Would you like to delete this recording". Does not play any of the program just goes to this screen. I rebooted the system and the three recordings disappear. The percentage available before reboot is 55% and the same after reboot (when the 3 records disappeared).

Any ideas??

HR21-100 with AM21 report 2

I've experienced a few problems with playback with this CE. I started playing a recorded SD program and it played all sped up with no audio. I had to hit rewind and then play to get it to play at normal speed.

I started playing back a program only to get a prompt to delete the recording like maf113 posted above.

I'm also seeing a lot of studdering on HD channels.

I deleted all series links last night and just set up a weeks worth of one touch recordings (how I used to always do it), and then went back the the NR. Will see how it acts tonight.

For the folks that are reporting problems any reason you're not posting that you generated an error report for DirecTV and posting the diagnostic key number? If your STB's are network connected DirecTV would really like to see these reports to help them figure out what's happening.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts