HR2x / R22 CE Release 1/30

Only ean into one odd issue and may not be sw related at all. Here in Denver local Channel 20 has began showing stuff in HD. I have the morning news programed to record from 7 to 9 AM. Anyway if I play back the recorded version its recorded in 4:3 format but if I change to the other tuner to the exact same channel and watch it live its in wide screen. Have no idea why its behaving this way and not sure if its a software issue or something funky channel 20 is doing.

Is there anyone else with an HR21-100 with an AM21 that has been using this CE for at least 24 hours? I'm concerned that maybe I have 2 defective recievers since everyone else is seeing faster GUI... my channel changes are taking over 10 seconds and is a lot slower than last week (which seemed slow).

I would doubt you have two bad receivers, you may want to try going to the national release and test it out after 24 hours to see if it is better. That would rule out a hardware problem for you.

I reverted back to the national release with one of them... working much better.
If they release this CE to the HR21-100, they are going to have some very upset people!

Doing CE testing for the past few months, it looks like they really need to split them up and do different software releases for each model - HR21, HR20, etc...

The CE's that work good for the HR20 go very slow and are unusable on my HR21. And the one that worked the best speedwise for my HR21, 02B3, was very slow on HR20's.

I've noticed something that happens occasionally with this CE. I have an HR21-700 with AM21.

Let's say I just got done watching something on Sci-fi 244, and tune to an OTA channel. After the news (channel 10-1) is over, I want to see what's on Food Network 231. If I press prev on the remote, it will go to the first satellite channel (in this case 244), instead of back to 10-1 like it should. If you press prev again, it will tune to 231, bypassing the OTA channel altogether.

HR23-700

Only problem so far here is that DirecTV2PC no longer shows video after doing a 30 second skip. This problem only started happening with this new CE.

1x trickplay is a mess is this release. I normally use this to "catch up" with basketball games, and it's normally smooth enough to not miss anything.

In this CE, on both my HR20-700 and -100, it's a chopfest.

HR21-100 with AM21
Report 19830203-28D9
While watching a show tonight and bringing up the guide, it shows "upcoming" to what shows were on at 5pm last night... it seems to think it is in the past and displays the current date as February 3 Tuesday. That doesn't match up with this year so I'm assuming the DVR thinks it's 1983 by the report number...

It rebooted while sending the report. Still has bad guide data.

Weird issue.

Got up this AM and noticed that my scheduled "Morning Joe" wasn't recording. Went in to the todo list and its totally blank. Prioritizer still lists all my presets but they all show as 0 upcoming events. Not sure whats going on.

Will try a RBR after I watch all the morning stuff to see if it fixes things but this is really odd

i have a hr22-100 last friday i was out of town and did not make sure that the new ce was in the stream and i went and did the steps and got downgraded to 02af and have not got the national release yet last time i do that

Last edited:
I don't understand what you are saying. What model do you have and what's the issue with this CE?

He downloaded outside of the window and went back to the national release from December, as his receiver isn't authorized yet for the current release that is being staggered on rollout.

Weird issue.

Got up this AM and noticed that my scheduled "Morning Joe" wasn't recording. Went in to the todo list and its totally blank. Prioritizer still lists all my presets but they all show as 0 upcoming events. Not sure whats going on.

Will try a RBR after I watch all the morning stuff to see if it fixes things but this is really odd

This is an issue experienced nationwide today on many receivers, on any software. There is a minor software update being pushed out to receivers today to hopefully fix it.

See this thread for info.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv-forum/164579-might-want-check-your-hd-dvrs-todo-list.html

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)