HR2x / R22 CE Release v.0339 7/17 & 7/18

My to-do list seems to have filled out.

The playlist sort changes are now sticky and dont have to be done every time you hit 'list'.

I had one oddity that so far hasnt produced any actual bad results. When I pulled up the playlist, the showing for "Eureka" that most recently recorded was in the merged playlist (I am using the downstairs unit and the show is upstairs) had the red circle with white horizontal line through it that has previously indicated a deleted show that hasnt quite yet disappeared. I was able to play the show and the red circle went away, show was still there.

MRV splatting seems to have been reduced somewhat, or maybe its just been behaving itself this morning.

Okay, I take back the MRV splatting reduction. Its still there and plenty. When on either of the two receivers watching the other simultaneously with MRV, its frequently unwatchable. The network is solid, I've tried multiple cables and three different switches with the same results. The receivers? Up until ~3 weeks ago the MRV was good. The CE from 3-4 weeks ago, when the unified playlist went in, triggered the splats. According to my reviews of traffic and reporting from the router and switches, the server side stops sending briefly, then picks up. Variable pause time. Its busy doing something of a higher priority and then picks up where it left off.

I've also had a repeat of the show from the unified playlist that was located on another receiver showing up with the red circle with the white slash through it. On the first attempt to play it gave me an error I havent seen before, that audio and video packets from the server werent sent. On second play, it worked fine.

But when I went to the playlist, sorted by date order...the show was gone. It was the same earlier, but earlier I tried resorting by name and found the show. Figured I was sleep deprived or an idiot and missed it...but the same was true this time (not the sleep deprivation or idiocy)...the show had been listed right next to another show from yesterday and it didnt appear in the playlist until I resorted by name, then it magically reappeared and was also there when I went back to list by date.

Bottom line: there are many, many ghosts still in the MRV machine.

But thats probably okay, I still dont think we're going to see it in the next NR in a week or two. It'll still be a keyword enabled feature that will be worked on in the next CE. Or the one after that.

HR20-700 won't take DL

Have 2-HR20-100 and 2-HR20-700. The 100 took the 339 DL no issues. Everything is working fine. 700 just keeps searching. After 30 min, I RB and left them with 335.:rant:

Maybe this is just well known and I missed it somewhere, but here is my setup...

3 HR20-100s
BASEMENT
OFFICE
LIVINGROOM

BASEMENT had finished the download/restart and was back up. The other two were in the process of restarting (both <20% in step 2 of 2). To my surprise, I could already see AND play the content on the other two even though they hadn't completely finished starting up yet.

So there it is. Share in my amazement or berate me for not knowing about it sooner! :D

I'm still unable to get MRV working as well but when I go to the network setup it does say it is connected to network but not internet. I seem to remember reading somewhere the reciever was not compatible with the homeportal modem but search is not being my friend lately. the whole home netork runs thru an intel 410T switch then to the modem but still no MRV

Before I moved had an old Microsoft router MN-700 which did let it connect to the internet have not had the oppurtunity to experiment with it. This probably has nothing to do with new CE but I do have to say that a power on appears to be faster to first picture.

Maybe this is just well known and I missed it somewhere, but here is my setup...

3 HR20-100s
BASEMENT
OFFICE
LIVINGROOM

BASEMENT had finished the download/restart and was back up. The other two were in the process of restarting (both <20% in step 2 of 2). To my surprise, I could already see AND play the content on the other two even though they hadn't completely finished starting up yet.

So there it is. Share in my amazement or berate me for not knowing about it sooner! :D

Never tried it myself; thanks for posting it. Must be those marvelous MRV servers standing by to serve.

I'm still unable to get MRV working as well but when I go to the network setup it does say it is connected to network but not internet. I seem to remember reading somewhere the reciever was not compatible with the homeportal modem but search is not being my friend lately. the whole home netork runs thru an intel 410T switch then to the modem but still no MRV

Before I moved had an old Microsoft router MN-700 which did let it connect to the internet have not had the oppurtunity to experiment with it. This probably has nothing to do with new CE but I do have to say that a power on appears to be faster to first picture.

What compatible CE devices do you have and are they all wired to your switch? MRV is a network connection activated by k/w search MRVCLIENTON; there's not a setup screen for this unless you want to manually set the ports and then forward from your router in network services.

VOD is an INTERNET connection and your DirecTv equipment s/b able to access it through Network setup and testing the connection which is done through system test. Looking at the "More System Info" tab after system test should show you're connecting to both network and INTERNET. If not, check your connections and try "Repeat Network Setup" tab and post any failures you cannot correct and more info about your setup.

If you're getting NETWORK and INTERNET connected in system test then you may be having the same problem running MRV others have had the first attempt. Try the following on all CE devices: Turn off MRV in MISC. Options then k/w search MRVCLIENTON then k/w search IAMANEDGECUTTER then restart your CE devices from setup menu. After restarting, you should see a shared list and MRV should work.

Your initial VOD requires 24 hours to setup but once MRV is up and running it usually comes right up after you see an initial delay bringing up Shared LIST for the first time after restart on each CE device.

HR20-700 download issue

Is it possible that the 0335 release messed up the ability for the HR20-700 to download the updates? When I boot mine, and its looking for the update -- it shows up in my Mac's arp table with a 169.254.x.x address instead of a 192.168.x.x address.

If I reset the HR20-700 and let it restart, normally, it gets a 192.168.x.x address, and everything works -- passes network test, etc.

(I've gone through the Lather, Rinse, Repeat cycle several times...)

At this point, I'm just keeping it on 0335.

Cheers.

No internet connection
R22-100
0x339/DL-7-17-09

NDS channels not being grayed out in All Channels,also NDS channels being listed in Channels I Get.

No audio Signal Meters Test.

Bar color needs to be changed to black so you don't see a gray screen when changing channels ect.R22-100 doesn't have access to change bar color.

Caller ID displaying Unavailable for Name and Number.

Changing channels needs to be faster than 2 seconds.

When your in single live buffer mode and watch two programs on one channel,then when the second program is playing you select Info/More Info/Done.The first program's information is displayed in Info for 5 seconds then it corrects itself to display the second program's information which is the correct information.Workarounds include going in and out of Standby,or first pausing the second watched program then frame advance corrects previous program information issues,also when in DoublePlay swapping tuners corrects previous program information too.

Recording on StarzE-520 12:05 AM watching History International-271,Double Play is engaged.Pause History International-271.Screen Saver appears, while Screen Saver is displayed paused program's picture jumps through Screen Saver in 1/8 second increments back and forth.

Things I like in 0x339.Scrolling through guide good in RF or IR so far.Good Job!.:up

No internet connection
R22-100
0x339/DL-7-17-09

NDS channels not being grayed out in All Channels,also NDS channels being listed in Channels I Get.

No audio Signal Meters Test.

Bar color needs to be changed to black so you don't see a gray screen when changing channels ect.R22-100 doesn't have access to change bar color.

Caller ID displaying Unavailable for Name and Number.

Changing channels needs to be faster than 2 seconds.

When your in single live buffer mode and watch two programs on one channel,then when the second program is playing you select Info/More Info/Done.The first program's information is displayed in Info for 5 seconds then it corrects itself to display the second program's information which is the correct information.Workarounds include going in and out of Standby,or first pausing the second watched program then frame advance corrects previous program information issues,also when in DoublePlay swapping tuners corrects previous program information too.

Recording on StarzE-520 12:05 AM watching History International-271,Double Play is engaged.Pause History International-271.Screen Saver appears, while Screen Saver is displayed paused program's picture jumps through Screen Saver in 1/8 second increments back and forth.

Things I like in 0x339.Scrolling through guide good in RF or IR so far.Good Job!.:up

Yes, they need to work on all the things you mentioned ... the Audio during set up hasn't worked since .... the HD rec'rs came out ... at least I've not had any luck with it, or maybe it was I quite trying...

Channel changing has been a needed improvement for a long time now.

Mixed signals

One HR-20-100 took the download and the other never found it. I'm having MRV trouble and wondering if being on different CE's could be part of the problem.

One HR-20-100 took the download and the other never found it. I'm having MRV trouble and wondering if being on different CE's could be part of the problem.

Welcome to the site Coaster Fiend :)

Being on different CE's should not be a problem as long as both units are on software that at least supports the MRV.

Curious Coaster, what part of the country you in ?

Jimbo

Okay, I take back the MRV splatting reduction. Its still there and plenty. When on either of the two receivers watching the other simultaneously with MRV, its frequently unwatchable. The network is solid, I've tried multiple cables and three different switches with the same results. The receivers? Up until ~3 weeks ago the MRV was good. The CE from 3-4 weeks ago, when the unified playlist went in, triggered the splats. According to my reviews of traffic and reporting from the router and switches, the server side stops sending briefly, then picks up. Variable pause time. Its busy doing something of a higher priority and then picks up where it left off.

I've also had a repeat of the show from the unified playlist that was located on another receiver showing up with the red circle with the white slash through it. On the first attempt to play it gave me an error I havent seen before, that audio and video packets from the server werent sent. On second play, it worked fine.

But when I went to the playlist, sorted by date order...the show was gone. It was the same earlier, but earlier I tried resorting by name and found the show. Figured I was sleep deprived or an idiot and missed it...but the same was true this time (not the sleep deprivation or idiocy)...the show had been listed right next to another show from yesterday and it didnt appear in the playlist until I resorted by name, then it magically reappeared and was also there when I went back to list by date.

Bottom line: there are many, many ghosts still in the MRV machine.

But thats probably okay, I still dont think we're going to see it in the next NR in a week or two. It'll still be a keyword enabled feature that will be worked on in the next CE. Or the one after that.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't see the value of Shared List if there has to be a sacrifice of playback quality. It seems the Shared List has caused more problems than it's worth. Since DirecTv Cinema has moved away from List, the green toggle/TAB button could be used to quickly toggle between local and remote lists.

I have another Shared List Sort Oddity to report; I have a merged folder in Shared List that will not sort by date, it's randomly sorting. I've tried opening all folders and sorting again but I guess it can't sort a merged folder where two DVR's are recording the same series link. Kind of silly to do that but I do it so my baby girl will have her shows if MRV stops suddenly stops working again. Last two CE's have been better about not shutting down servers and more stable list sharing but I think it has more to do with selecting STB & audio ports manually.

Maybe the shared list is a cause of some of the problems, but other than the coincidence of the shared list being implemented at the same time as increased MRV flakiness, I'm not sure there any direct correlation.

Surprisingly, I like the unified playlist a lot. I dont really care which dvr my show is on, I just want a list of shows I have available to watch. Having to pick one and go through it, then realize the show I want is on the other and having to switch and go to that one...for me...would be an annoying PITA.

MRV bugs are different this week. Starting last night when I pulled up the playlist, chose a show and hit select, then either selected play or resume, I get the DTCP AKE FAILED error. If I pull up the playlist and select a show and hit the play button on the remote, it plays just fine.

I know theres some mechanical difference in how each of these methods of starting a show work, since I've heard many people have had problems with the box totally freezing up when hitting PLAY directly from the playlist, but it working fine when choosing Play from the play sub menu after choosing a show from the playlist and opening it up.

Maybe the shared list is a cause of some of the problems, but other than the coincidence of the shared list being implemented at the same time as increased MRV flakiness, I'm not sure there any direct correlation.

Surprisingly, I like the unified playlist a lot. I dont really care which dvr my show is on, I just want a list of shows I have available to watch. Having to pick one and go through it, then realize the show I want is on the other and having to switch and go to that one...for me...would be an annoying PITA.

I'm sure many prefer the shared list but I would like to be able to select between shared or local/remote list so I can test MRV playback performance.

Some deleted shows in my aforementioned merged/shared folder from last night were still showing on the remote DVR next morning but went away after checking info on some and deleting others the second time. They also had the red dot with horizontal slash through it.

A nice feature add-on would be to have three choices in the Location Tab in Setup Menu and have options of "do not share list", "shared list", or "local/remote list". IMO, the servers are dedicating too much valuable time and effort maintaining a shared list when that time could be better spent answering remote control interrupts and maintaining To Do List. My remote response is improved but there tends to still be periods of remote blackout where no responses to remote input are acknowledged.

Nonetheless, I would settle on feedback from DirecTv saying that is a non-issue. I continue to post about playback PQ because I hope the splat problem will be elevated in priority.

I'm still getting plenty of splats especially during two-way MRV. And like clockwork, MRV ground to a halt for the fourth week in a row in the middle of the day today (monday) requiring a reboot of both receivers to get it back.

If all else holds the same, by sometime on thursday or early friday they'll cinch up again and need another reboot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts