Instant Replay button not consistent

armchair

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
socal
Seems it depends on what I'm watching at the time but the 6 second delay seems less when watching HD (almost nil and I frequently find myself pushing it and getting nowhere and having to press it 10, 20 or more times to get my replay).

I'd like to be able to set the replay time with the menu or k/w search to better fit my viewing which varies depending on which sport I'm watching at the time. I'd like to see 10, 15, or 20 second intervals for replay with option to select either one but I don't like the present interval.

My HR22's still tend to jump all the way to beginning or end of recording/buffer when pressing skip or replay multiple times as if I'm holding the button down but I'm not.

Last edited:
I think I read somewhere that the replay time interval can be different for MPEG2 and MPEG4 sources. It is also not possible to change it. `

I frequently find myself pushing it and getting nowhere and having to press it 10, 20 or more times to get my replay.

I'd like to be able to set the replay time with the menu or k/w search to better fit my viewing which varies depending on which sport I'm watching at the time.

I'd like to see 10, 15, or 20 second intervals for replay with option to select either one but I don't like the present interval.

Thanks for comments; I was hoping for more suggestions on what could be done to improve the replay function. Or do you prefer it like it is?

I've measured it and gotten random results from 3-6 seconds. Sometimes with MRV it actually jumps forward a second or so.

One press it may go back a few seconds and the next twice as much.

I've measured it and gotten random results from 3-6 seconds. Sometimes with MRV it actually jumps forward a second or so.

One press it may go back a few seconds and the next twice as much.

OK, you may have pinpointed one of my issues with pressing replay button and not getting anywhere. Actually, I did count 20 presses to "mini-step" once while in MRV, I just didn't specify MRV was being viewed. Thanks, cfb!

Any preferences or suggestions for DirecTv?

Just a note: I think I confused everyone with the title of this thread...it would appear that replies are dedicated to measuring or recalling replay interval. I'm still looking for suggestions, likes or dislikes of the current time interval. I'm hoping DirecTv will look at this an option for tweaking in CE.

Thanks!

I too thought it was fixed at 7 seconds, regardless of content.

I've never noticed any different. For the guys having issues, are you using the "slip mode" or "skip mode"?

I've always had my receivers on "skip mode" where it just happens instantly.

I too thought it was fixed at 7 seconds, regardless of content.

I've never noticed any different. For the guys having issues, are you using the "slip mode" or "skip mode"?

I've always had my receivers on "skip mode" where it just happens instantly.

I use the 30skip; it would be nice to be able to input a k/w search replay10 and have that tweaked to give a consistent replay interval for all modes being played back (MRV, HD with all fps formats supported, SD, recorded playback and special events).

I called DirecTv about this and the first operator told me that my box needed a refresh on some feature setting and seemed to work better but it was only temporary. Second time I called, I got that,"what are you talking about syndrome...no such thing!" Then I joined CE Forum and don't think it would be wise to ask for any refresh hits with CE s/w installed.

I'm thinking maybe something is getting fouled up and was hoping someone in CE Forum had seen this and knew how to get it more consistent.

DIRECTV WISH LIST

Apparently there are wish lists of DirecTv features ongoing already. The Replay interval is already on the list for voting thumbs up/down or neutral. I registered and voted; check it out!

It would be nice if the DIRECTV FORUM would pick one or start one and make it a STICKY for all subscribers to vote on. I posted my request here because I wanted Directv s/w engineers to see it but I was unaware that wish lists already existed.

Here's the one I registered and voted on: Wishlistsurvey.com
You can register or view results on the link above.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)