HR2x / R22 Software Release 1/20 0X395

Status
Please reply by conversation.

skihoodoo

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
May 10, 2008
PERSHING COUNTY NV
HR2x / R22 New software version 0395 began a staggered rollout 1/20/10.

This software can take a few days to a few weeks to rollout nationwide depending on DirecTV's preference.

These are draft notes and may change.

New features
Support for Linksys WET610N Wireless Adapter
Smart Search
DIRECTV Cinema “On Now”
Multi-Room Viewing (Beta)

Improved/Updated
Enriched Guide Data:
- Similar Shows
- Cast & Crew
- GUIDE Artwork
- Actor Filmography
- Actor Awards
- Star ratings for movies

Attachments

• IMG_0063.JPG
    IMG_0063.JPG
    385.5 KB · Views: 450
  • Screen shot 2010-01-20 at 3.43.01 AM.png
    Screen shot 2010-01-20 at 3.43.01 AM.png
    123 KB · Views: 406
Last edited by a moderator:
i forced early this morning but there are no way to know if it will work but you can try restarting and at the first screen that says wecome to directv press 02468 try early in the morning around 2 or 3 am pst

In another thread once a person even stated that if your DVR downloads the new update it won't reboot and load the new update until DIRECTV tells it to.

In another thread once a person even stated that if your DVR downloads the new update it won't reboot and load the new update until DIRECTV tells it to.

That's incorrect, the download happens during the boot up process, there isn't a download in the background and then reboot option.

You can try to force download, but if your receiver isn't slated for it yet you will get what you already have (assuming your not on a CE release).

Reboot, at the first blue screen press 02468 very deliberately.

It will download the software and reboot.

There is no software download "in the background". When DirecTV authorizes your receiver it will set to reboot during the overnight (3am or so) and download the new release. The only time you can speed it up is if your receiver has been authorized for the download "this coming night".

So essentially, the most you can speed it up is 18 hours or so.

Just an FYI, after you get the new software it will take two to three days for all the data in the guide to populate in regards to the cast and crew info along with the thumbnail pictures.

I'm new to the Forum chats, so where does one go to see the response to their questions or comments?
In the same thread in which it was asked. You can also have the forum send you an email when someone replies to the thread.

BTW, I'm still waiting for 0395. :)

I read somewhere that the price increase happens this year on 2/9.
Long thread over in the 'other' forum.
http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=170265

Last edited:
As it turned out, this weeks CE was a higher update than the 395 that is going out to all the current ones that are running the NR.

fwiw, the CE software is at 0x39e

You might be able to force this release if you are up late ;)
I did both of my HR21-100's around 2am Mountain last night...

They seem to put it in the stream sometime overnight and pull it around 6-7am Eastern.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)