HR2x / R22 Software Release 8/22 v.034C (Addition of Double-Play & More)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
HR2x / R22 New software version 034B began a staggered rollout 8/22/09.

This software can take a few days to a few weeks to rollout nationwide depending on DirecTV's preference.

It is common to stagger major software rollouts to minimize support issues in the event of any unforseen problems.

This release adds a long-awaited feature DirecTV calls DoublePlay, enabling the receiver to toggle between both live buffers while maintaining placement.
Double Play is activated by pressing the Down Arrow button and will buffer for up to two hours.

New features
Faster Restarts
DoublePlay (Dual buffers activated by pressing Down arrow key)
Subtitling
Hide HD Channels option
TVMail (replaces messages mailbox)
Live Extension
DIRECTV Cinema - now available without broadband (PPV)

Improved/Updated
Video and Audio Performance
1080p/24 TV Compatibility
GameSearch
User Interface Polishing
Increased Cast Information
Series Link Deletion From To Do List
Additional Detail in History
Conflict Information on To Do List
Parental Controls

Here are a couple screen shots of the Double-Play feature

Attachments

• ScreenShot001.jpg
    ScreenShot001.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 1,066
  • ScreenShot002.jpg
    ScreenShot002.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 1,098
I'm still confused what this does.

Does it allow you to run 2 channels with the pause, rewind, etc instead of just the channel you are currently watching?

Do you have anyway to force the update? I need this remote to work faster. My wife is on me like crazy since we just moved from Dish network...

Also before we had 1 HD-DVR for 2 TV's. Now I have a HD-DVR for 1 TV and an HD receiver on the other TV. Does Direct TV have anyway to share DVR shows on both TV's? Both are connected to my internal network and the sales rep told me it would be able to stream DVR shows between the 2 HD TVs. So far I can't figure it out...

Do you have anyway to force the update? I need this remote to work faster. My wife is on me like crazy since we just moved from Dish network...

Also before we had 1 HD-DVR for 2 TV's. Now I have a HD-DVR for 1 TV and an HD receiver on the other TV. Does Direct TV have anyway to share DVR shows on both TV's? Both are connected to my internal network and the sales rep told me it would be able to stream DVR shows between the 2 HD TVs. So far I can't figure it out...

No and NO and as for the being able to watch DVR programs on another DVR, thats coming soon.

For your 1st question, no you can't force the new national release software before DirecTV tells your box you can get it.

As for your second question, it's coming, I recommend that you check in the Cutting Edge subforum for the latest news on what's being tested.

As a former DirecTV Tivo users, I can just say YAAAAAY! :)

I'm sure I can find some discussion in the forums, but does DirecTV list any of these new features and how they function on their website?

Will those running a CE be automatically updated as well, or do we need to go back to the NR for that?

Will those running a CE be automatically updated as well, or do we need to go back to the NR for that?

If the current release number for the software running in your STB is lower then what the new national release number is then it will automatically be updated, which DirecTV flags your receiver for the update. If the release number is higher then the national release then the receiver won't install the lower numbered release.

I went to the NR(312) on my R22-100 so I can test the new NR(o34b) when it shows up.;)
I just switched back to the NR this morning because I was getting tired of the slow response of the CE software I was using. Man, the NR is soooooo much faster.

The NR is a higher numbered release than all CE releases, so all CE boxes will be updated to the new NR when it becomes available to your box. No need to revert to the older NR to get the new one.

I tried to do the 02468 download force to get the new software and it didn't work.

You'll only be able to get the new software once DirecTV adds your box to the list of ones that should have it. Until then you'll get the 0x0312 level of code.

Do they go out by geography or model? If so, do you know if their is a map of which regions or models get the updates when?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)