HR2x / R22 Software Release 8/22 v.034C (Addition of Double-Play & More)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
They go by model up to a point. I know in some cases I've seen people all with the same model get it, and no other models get it until days or weeks later. Since we all know that not all models are created equal, it may be that they expect more problems with some than others and might try testing the waters with the 'good' ones to see if there are any problems that dont show up until lots of people get on it, and then go to the 'bad' ones later in case they need to iron out any wrinkles.

After that, who knows. I've seen lots of people with 2-3 receivers of the same model have one upgrade one week and the other two not get it for a week or more afterwards. Maybe they go by activation date or serial number or some other obscure measure.

They go by model up to a point. I know in some cases I've seen people all with the same model get it, and no other models get it until days or weeks later. Since we all know that not all models are created equal, it may be that they expect more problems with some than others and might try testing the waters with the 'good' ones to see if there are any problems that dont show up until lots of people get on it, and then go to the 'bad' ones later in case they need to iron out any wrinkles.

After that, who knows. I've seen lots of people with 2-3 receivers of the same model have one upgrade one week and the other two not get it for a week or more afterwards. Maybe they go by activation date or serial number or some other obscure measure.

Your in California, have you got the new update yet ?

Nope. HR20-100's, had them almost two years, been a directv customer since 1995.

So old models, had them a long time, been a customer a long time, supposedly in the place that gets them first. Bupkis.

Which is fine. I'm still enjoying my MRV. It can wait to throw the NR at me until saturday. :)

Nope. HR20-100's, had them almost two years, been a directv customer since 1995.

So old models, had them a long time, been a customer a long time, supposedly in the place that gets them first. Bupkis.

Which is fine. I'm still enjoying my MRV. It can wait to throw the NR at me until saturday. :)

So when i get the NR pushed down i will lose MRV? I've purposely not done a CE since they took the MRV out.

So when i get the NR pushed down i will lose MRV? I've purposely not done a CE since they took the MRV out.

It all depends on what is IN the NR for sure this time.
IF MRV is NOT in it, then YES you should lose it.

But like many have been saying, it will probably be back soon, we hope.
I don't use it, so it doesn't bother me yet, I don't have 2 compatable units in the house at the moment.

MRV isnt in the NR. I think some folks said that the H-series MRV to the HR2x's works but isnt recommended to use at this time.

So if you get it, you'll lose MRV until a CE comes out that has MRV in it. That might be tomorrow night. It might be 3-4 months from now.

I noticed a sudden backing off of MRV availability from 'late 2009' to 'maybe 2010'. Thats way too long for one CE cycle. Its closer to 2 or 3. So maybe we wont see MRV in this upcoming CE.

MRV isnt in the NR. I think some folks said that the H-series MRV to the HR2x's works but isnt recommended to use at this time.

So if you get it, you'll lose MRV until a CE comes out that has MRV in it. That might be tomorrow night. It might be 3-4 months from now.

I noticed a sudden backing off of MRV availability from 'late 2009' to 'maybe 2010'. Thats way too long for one CE cycle. Its closer to 2 or 3. So maybe we wont see MRV in this upcoming CE.

Personally, I think the MRV had enough flaws in it that D* pulled it to rework it and bring it back later when the y have it figured out.

They had some bugs and stopped the NR after a small distribution. It turned into 34c and might be something higher before they release it.

Well im sure glad to see they stopped the NR before it went GA. It's hard to catch every bug on anything but it's nice to see they caught it and stopped it before it went out.

For some companies it is hard to swallow that kind of a pill and admit you had issues. Others would have released it and just let us suffer until the next fix.

Cheers to Direct!

The best solution would have been to not talk about the new features in a magazine and saying they'd be available in July/August. Then there wouldnt have been a forcing function to get it out the door.

Even better, dont try to do dlb and mrv at the same time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts